Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2001 750 SS today for $500. Engine is strong, brakes pretty good, tranny shifts just fine. 30k miles. Most of the plastic is gone, but that was coming off anyway. Any good ideas on aftermarket parts suppliers? My wife said this is ok as long as a $500 bike does not turn into a $5000 bike. My other three bikes...'15 Street Triple, '13 Thruxton, and '15 GS are good with it. First thing I did to it was put a screw in the rear tire on the test ride...of course I did.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Bodywork depends on what you are looking to do---If you want all original-( thats what I look for because that where the $$ are in the long run) or do you want a nice fun rider--if thats your choice then AirTech has aftermarket plastic's --OR go crazy like one of the members here making all of his bodywork himself out of CF

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking for the little nitnoid stuff right now...clutch lever, the airbox needs replacing, although I may reroute that and make it external. At some point a replacement gas tank. I'll post some pictures soon. The plastic is pretty bad, but don't want to replace it at this time. And a different seat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts