Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not 750 questions, but close. I am looking at a 2001 750. Research on line is not clear on some points, maybe you can help.

In 2001 was the 750 model designated a 750 Supersport or a 750 Sport?

Looks like the colors in 2001 were just the city Black. True or available in others?

The H.P. figures and RPM range of the 750 seem significantly less than the 900 (which I had)... does it feel like it is underpowered, or perhaps just more civilized - if you get my distinction?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ss

My o1 750 came red and as a super sport. It feels underpowered because it is. On the other hand I can't ride it to near it's limits so more power isn't exactly a requirement. In a drag race down the straight away of any tracks I ride I will lose every time. I am striving to carry more speed into and through the corners and to get on the throttle as early as possible to exit faster. I am enjoying moderate success with this but know that I must improve a lot. Carrozzeria rims, DP 2 into 1 exhaust and opened up air box have allowed the bike to run and handle quite nicely. More than enough on the NH back roads and a great bike to instruct on in my capacity at Fishtail riding school.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
hi there,

the 750 in ( almost ) stock trim has no power, it is lacking the grunt
out of corners too.
it is more civilized for sure, with significantilly less stroke and rotating
masses, i'd tend to call that boring.

:think:

if you type "2001 Ducati 750 Supersport" into google pics, you'll notice
they are either yellow or red, and they got two front discs too.

sport modells are equipped pretty poor, with non adjustable forks
and shock, and steel swingarm instead of aluminum, single front
disc to boot.

:think:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts