Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the belts are changed and oil leak fixed, I took the bike out for a ride. With the clutch lever pulled in, the bike still feels like it's pulling. Also, neutral is hard to find, except when I pull the lever all the way to the bar where it seems to work better.

My plan is to check adjustment at the lever and then pull the clutch pack to inspect. Does that sound about right?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
There is no adjustment at the lever. That screw you see should be left alone. Turning it in too far will cause bigger problems.

Edit: Unless you actually have adjustable levers, but they did not come stock on the ST2. The screw you should not adjust is the one in line with the piston. If you have a thumb switch or wheel you can turn with your fingers on the lever, sure, crank it in!

The next step is to flush the fluid and thoroughly bleed the the system. Check for leaks at the slave and the master. Check that the bearing in the pressure plate is good. You could pull the clutch pack and clean with brake cleaner, and also look for signs of an oil leak, but the symptoms you describe are generally due to not enough travel at the pressure plate when you pull the lever. Do you have an aftermarket slave?

Reactions: Strega

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,233 Posts
Also, is the pressure plate on in the correct orientation? It looks like it can go on any old way, but in fact, there is an indicator on it you line up. Not sure if this would cause the condition, but worth checking and getting right nevertheless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It looks like it has an after-market clutch slave and after-market clutch pressure plate and cover. I'm thinking about finding some stock OEM pieces to go back to a stock setup. It may quiet it down a little bit.

·
Registered
853 Posts
With the clutch lever pulled in, the bike still feels like it's pulling. Also, neutral is hard to find, except when I pull the lever all the way to the bar where it seems to work better.
Air in the system will cause this issue, so try bleeding the air at the connector located at the high point.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Thanks guys. It looks like it has an after-market clutch slave and after-market clutch pressure plate and cover. I'm thinking about finding some stock OEM pieces to go back to a stock setup. It may quiet it down a little bit.
If your clutch is noisy, going back to a stock slave and pressure plate will not make it quieter. Odds are that the basket and plates are worn.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
There is no adjustment at the lever. That screw you see should be left alone. Turning it in too far will cause bigger problems.

Edit: Unless you actually have adjustable levers, but they did not come stock on the ST2. The screw you should not adjust is the one in line with the piston. If you have a thumb switch or wheel you can turn with your fingers on the lever, sure, crank it in!

The next step is to flush the fluid and thoroughly bleed the the system. Check for leaks at the slave and the master. Check that the bearing in the pressure plate is good. You could pull the clutch pack and clean with brake cleaner, and also look for signs of an oil leak, but the symptoms you describe are generally due to not enough travel at the pressure plate when you pull the lever. Do you have an aftermarket slave?
What is that screw for then? I adjusted it and it was MUCH easier to get into neutral and shifted much better. Then again I may have gone too far and blew out the seals on my KBike clutch slave cylinder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts