Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Pic of the new cam-belt(s). I ordered a new oil filler cap too, this one looks like crap, Prev owner, bubba was using pliers to open it.

IMG_4997.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
More pic's, she's pretty clean under all the bodywork, just a bit more detailing needed to get her how she needs to be...

IMG_0147.JPG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice job. She’s looking good. I’m getting ready to tear down my 97 748 and freshen her up a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Chris. Im starting the bodywork soon, get it ready for some paint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome. I just ordered all new carbon fiber mine. I just finished checking the valves, replacing belts and hoses. I’m still on the fence on a complete tear down and having the frame powder coated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yea, ive been on the fence with regards to painting all my bodywork or just the few pieces that need it. Im going with only the parts than need it I think. I have to make sure I dont put more into it than I can get back out later (one of my golden rules). Trouble is, my OCD is having a really hard time with not doing all of it. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know what you mean. I have the same problem. This was my first Duc somI have no plans on selling it. It’ll be a part of my collection till I die. Lol

·
Registered
799 Posts
Pic of the new cam-belt(s). I ordered a new oil filler cap too, this one looks like crap, Prev owner, bubba was using pliers to open it.

View attachment 978012
Just a heads up - Your belt seems to be pretty close in the middle. Maybe rotate the adjustable pulley in the other direction to get more space, with the same tension.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the Tip !!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just a heads up - Your belt seems to be pretty close in the middle. Maybe rotate the adjustable pulley in the other direction to get more space, with the same tension.
Thanks will double check that

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Got the Ducati running again today after the cam belt change (phew ! what a relief).

also got my parts back from paint. Had a few bits re -done (airbox, mirrors, front fender and the V stiffener for the fairing).

Next im doing Fork seals - see my Fork question in separate thread

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update, well thanks to the good folks on this forum I'm now better educated and understand that my Due has the wrong forks and that the lower triple clamp was bored out to accommodate the ones that were in there.

So a set of correct 748 forks and a triple clamp will be on the way to set this right. Ill change the steering bearings while I'm in there.

hopefully thats the end of the big jobs on this one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
On the crane ready to pull the triple clamp...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Almost done....Still deciding if ill put the "748" decals on or not

21 - 34 of 34 Posts