Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I've got about $2000 set aside to get an exhaust for my brand new 06 999. I've ton a ton of research on here, and I've narrowed it down to Termi, Leo Vince, and ZARD. Slip-ons would be okay, but since the noise and emission laws out here on Guam are not very strict, I can pretty much do anything I want.

I'll be honest, I like 'em LOUD. So basically, I'm looking for a site sponsor or a member that actually HAS one for sale or in stock, because I've also read on these forums that backorders are common for these pipes.

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks,
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
I can you from experience, the Termi kit is nice, but could stand some improvement. The fueling in the 749 kit ECU SUCKS and from what I've heard the same goes for 999's (anyone chime in here), so expect to run a Power Commander on top of the kit ECU.

The only other kit I have seen in person is the Remus, which I personally think looks totally off on the 999 series bikes. I've read alot of good stuff about Leo Vince and Zard. The System I really wanted was the HPE/Tubi system; looks just like the WSBK system. But, my backordered Termi kit came in just as I was about to cancel the order :rolleyes:

Check out Section8Superbike for some good info.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,237 Posts
+1 on the PCIII..

Ducati seems to have some problems with the 999 fueling.
I´d go with FIM´s replacement ECU if you could, or a PC3 and forget the DP ECU module.

FIM´s replacement ECU is probably the most advanced option around for the 999, but it does mean that your tuner better know what he is doing. They also come with loaded maps for your bike, so call them. They are an Australian company with very good reputation. http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au

And as far as exhausts go.. I like Zard, but also the Silmoto one.. Diffrent and VERY cool.

Silmoto
PeGe on the board has this fullsystem and his -03 999S puts out 145 RWHP!


BOS are abit diffrent...


The SPARK are VERY cool, but this is the only pic i could find with it.. on a Multistrada.


Here is some info on the 999 -05 with power and torque figures aswell as speculation on what to expect
http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/99905mod.html

//amullo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,908 Posts
daponik said:
Okay guys, I've got about $2000 set aside to get an exhaust for my brand new 06 999. I've ton a ton of research on here, and I've narrowed it down to Termi, Leo Vince, and ZARD. Slip-ons would be okay, but since the noise and emission laws out here on Guam are not very strict, I can pretty much do anything I want.

I'll be honest, I like 'em LOUD. So basically, I'm looking for a site sponsor or a member that actually HAS one for sale or in stock, because I've also read on these forums that backorders are common for these pipes.

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan,
We have the Zard full system in stock for about $2000 in our member section. Sign up as a forum member on the front page of our product section. We will send you passwords to access the member section. You will save about $140 of our regular price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,908 Posts
churche0 said:
Is the Zard really loud? Because it certainly looks nice!
I did not think they were too loud. They are pretty close to a Termignoni system in my opinion. I think my Leo Vince 57/60 full system was louder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I got the race termi half system and ecu that I just took off my 05 999s if you want it make an offer I will give you a good price + I will be in Guam in a few weeks so if you want to wait I will bring it with me so you dont have to pay for shipping
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
amullo said:
+1 on the PCIII..

Ducati seems to have some problems with the 999 fueling.
I´d go with FIM´s replacement ECU if you could, or a PC3 and forget the DP ECU module.

FIM´s replacement ECU is probably the most advanced option around for the 999, but it does mean that your tuner better know what he is doing. They also come with loaded maps for your bike, so call them. They are an Australian company with very good reputation. http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au

And as far as exhausts go.. I like Zard, but also the Silmoto one.. Diffrent and VERY cool.

Silmoto
PeGe on the board has this fullsystem and his -03 999S puts out 145 RWHP!


BOS are abit diffrent...


The SPARK are VERY cool, but this is the only pic i could find with it.. on a Multistrada.


Here is some info on the 999 -05 with power and torque figures aswell as speculation on what to expect
http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/99905mod.html

//amullo
Amullo, thanks for taking the time to attach all those pics. Some of those pipes I hadn't even ever seen before.

Moto, thanks for suggesting the members section of your site for the discount. I wish I knew about that a couple days ago when I bought some stuff off of your site.

However, I just PM'ed Jserven247 and it looks like I might go with his Termi system w/ECU. I'll keep you all posted what I decide to do.

*Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
I might go with his Termi system w/ECU. I'll keep you all posted what I decide to do.

*Dan

If his ECU is already assimilated to his Immobilisor you will not be able to use that ECU on your bike. You can still use your stock ECU with a PCIII with no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Where can I find more pictures of the Silmoto pipes. Also more information about them too. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bella749 said:
If his ECU is already assimilated to his Immobilisor you will not be able to use that ECU on your bike. You can still use your stock ECU with a PCIII with no problems.
Major bummer. However, I was planning to use the pipe with the stock ECU for a lil bit to see how it ran anyway.

But you got me thinking. I did see elsewhere on these forums that there was a way to re-initialize the Immobilizer. I work at a Nissan dealer out here and I know we do it all the time with the cars when people lose their keys. Possible, ya think?

*Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,642 Posts
Perhaps someone else knows better, but once the ECU is programmed to a specific immobilzer, it will only work with that key, dash, ECU combo. I have not heard of any way to bypass this, except maybe by using a FIM/Ultimap U59 ECU (~$750) That is fully programmable ECU that needs a good tuner to set up properly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
daponik said:
Okay guys, I've got about $2000 set aside to get an exhaust for my brand new 06 999. I've ton a ton of research on here, and I've narrowed it down to Termi, Leo Vince, and ZARD. Slip-ons would be okay, but since the noise and emission laws out here on Guam are not very strict, I can pretty much do anything I want.

I'll be honest, I like 'em LOUD. So basically, I'm looking for a site sponsor or a member that actually HAS one for sale or in stock, because I've also read on these forums that backorders are common for these pipes.

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks,
Dan
check out section 8 superbike , look for thier store on ebay,
they usually have a great deal on termis left in stock.

heard the tubis are nice but i don't think you'll get them under 2 k
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top