Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There were approx 75 of these made world wide. 15 made it to the States and half were full fairings. With no reserve, wonder what it will end up at on eBay? I have the red/silver and black one, so I will finally know the current value for insurance ! This guy has an amazing collection of bikes for sale.

Bimota Bimota | eBay

·
Registered
26 Posts
There were approx 75 of these made world wide. 15 made it to the States and half were full fairings. With no reserve, wonder what it will end up at on eBay? I have the red/silver and black one, so I will finally know the current value for insurance ! This guy has an amazing collection of bikes for sale.

Bimota Bimota | eBay
Ended up much higher than I expected. He has been selling some awesome stuff over the past year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
DB4ie full fairing of course it ended high its perfect

they said it was the best driving Bimota they have made did you think it would be in the price range of that more common DB4 that everyone has seen. ? there might be 3 of those in that color in the USA , that one the collector sold on ebay for almost 12,000 remember it was 21,000 back in year 2000.
that isn't something that will come around every day
that collector tried for 15,000 for his red silver one with zero miles.
I believe the yellow one had some miles on it, they must have enjoyed it
compared to the garage queens they never put any miles on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I realize it was a very rare color combination but I'm not a big fan of the oval frame design. I really prefer the db2. Mine has a 944 kit and flat slides .... a real hot rod.

·
Registered
59 Posts
showing off the aircraft aluminum links to swingarm perfectly

its not the frame like a SB6 for sure, it has nice welds and 6061 aircraft aluminum at 11 lbs.
Talk about looking solid and a perfect link that matches to the rear swingarm.
When you take a yellow, carbon black metallic and silver belly, and see how it matches all that aluminum, you have a winning combination. Even the divided silver spoke wheels are a perfect match. The DB2 to me is dated with that one piece bodywork and pipes under seat. Walking up to them it looks like where a DB4 's first attempt might have started. Its plain to see how finished off the DB4ie is. When I first saw how they didnt just put a solid orange cover over the turn signals, but actually a clear lense with orange plastic inside the assembly. This only tells you how Bimota thought of everything to improve over the DB2 to dazzle the potential buyer. Its all in the little details well put together that either make or break the new design.

All the bodywork is removed piece by piece , taking off only sections where needed. I really wouldn't want to slide the whole bodywork piece forward as done on a DB2 or SB6 , really unnecessary like the DB4ie.
This is not a boxy design but a smooth flowing design. Being a biposta actually accentuates the tail section. Why not include a riding partner to bring her into the fun .
The frame perfectly goes with that bike, giving it such a meaty solid look that makes you see that it not only looks special, but is stiff enough to provide more stability.
Who said it had to be even close to the DB2 ??? See how that got things going, the frame on the DB7 , even though its painted , it gives a fuller more stable look and feel. So many bike manufacturers are trying to mix it up. Maybe those skimpy looking frames
are getting outdated for newer designs and better technology. If you get something that looks stronger and is stronger, why not incorporate it into a special design that blends into a newer designed bodywork. Just look how bicycle frames have evolved.
Sorry , but with more years and attempts, plus fuel injection , they put together a stunning package. I've been up close to one , but never grabbed one when I had the chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts