Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious i've been searching all night, but seem to be a bit confused.

I cannot seem to find the exhaust size of my stock 2000 996 bi-posto. From what i gather, the stock exhausts were 45mm?

I see some talk from people about 50 and 54mm, and even 57mm exhausts, but those seem to be the R and RS versions or whatever.

Does anyone know if there ever was a Termi Full exhaust system built for my bike/model?
I'd even settle for a shinier version of a full exhaust, the stock exhaust from the heads back to midpipe is ugly looking. =)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just curious i've been searching all night, but seem to be a bit confused.

I cannot seem to find the exhaust size of my stock 2000 996 bi-posto. From what i gather, the stock exhausts were 45mm?

I see some talk from people about 50 and 54mm, and even 57mm exhausts, but those seem to be the R and RS versions or whatever.

Does anyone know if there ever was a Termi Full exhaust system built for my bike/model?
I'd even settle for a shinier version of a full exhaust, the stock exhaust from the heads back to midpipe is ugly looking. =)

Thanks guys!
Its 45MM stock, if you're not doing cams and heads etc, a full system will do little good. The hot ticket is a half system. Slip=ons replace from the joint ABOVE the foot peg, the half system drops that 400LB connector pipe and replaces all the way down to below the foot peg.

My bike has SPS cams, a UM222 chip, BCM over the funnel filters, and a really good set up by AMS and was dyno 'ed at 123 a couple of years ago. it was 121 with the 45mm Ti slip-ons I originally had, so a 2HP change (different days, different oil, etc so lots of variables) but even if you look at Brad Blacks charts from the 996 days, he shows the half system to be the way to go.

All the termis are stainless (well except the Ti pops) so just get some metal polish and buff them out to your liking. Stainless looks good polished, it takes on that nice golden hue once it goes through a few heat cycles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts