Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping this forum can help. I think my fuel pump may be going but the Duc shop is telling me they rarely go on supersports.

3 weeks ago I went to start my bike. No whirring noise. It started briefly but then failed. I pulled all the electrical connections and cleaned them as best I could. Still did not start. I did not have a truck to load the bike so I went home to get my cover and cover it for the night until I could move it. When I went back, the bike started and ran perfect for two more weeks.

Last week, it died again and would not start. I repeated what I had done and even banged on the underside of the fuel tank. Nothing. The bike sat in my work garage for two days and then miraculously started again. This is definitely sounding more like a failing pump to me than an intermittent electrical issue, especially given the bike has been garaged or covered it's whole life.

The question for the forum then is - do I replace the fuel pump to see if that is the problem? I've got a line on a cheap used one and want to grab it if that is likely the problem.

Any other thoughts?

Secondary question here - anyone know of a good source for a replacement brake light for the 750ss with integrated turn signals? I've cleaned up my tail section quite a bit and the blinkers bug me a bit.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
could it be, that the relais ( solenoid switch ? ) of
your fuel pump has some problems with it ?
you may change that first, before you change the
pump, because it is so much easier.

:think:

hm they look like this...*

*just an estimate, i found two of these in my
wiring loom, one should be for the pump.

:think:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One is for the pump ;)

Check that solenoid first (the easiest thing to do).

You can also apply 12v directly on the pump and see if it works
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Solenoid was 'clicking' even when pump was not loading suggesting that it was still sending the signal.

The problem with checking power to the pump is that it's now working again so of course it will load by sending power directly.

I just can't get stranded again with this issue.

If the solenoid is cheap enough, that may be worth trying to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts