Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been considering another bike for a while now , and would like to get my wife on a little more. We both hate the 748 for a 2 up.( more like a 2 over ). anyone recommend the SC for 2 up that has done the superbike as well. i guess my question is how is the riding position on a SC vs a superbike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I can speak for the Sport Classic GT. 2up on the GT is great can ride all day with out any issues, just crank up the pre-load.. Also the Ducati Comfort seat makes it even better since the fabric has more grip reducing slide.

When I had my sport bike I hated riding 2 up. I was constantly all over the tank, and the passenger would always push me when braking and downshifting.

As for the Sport Classic (non GT) I do not have any experience, but since you are hunch over a bit I would suspect 2 up would only be a bit better than a super bike. however the seat on the SC would be more comfy for the passenger

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
on the S1k biposot, riding 2up is OK but not ideal... the riding position is way more aggressive than the GT and you're definitely leaning over the tank. That said, I'm sure it's more comfortable than 2up on a superbike any day. But if you plan on doing long rides with your wife, the GT would be the way to go...

OR, the multi...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I can speak for the Sport Classic GT. 2up on the GT is great can ride all day with out any issues, just crank up the pre-load.. Also the Ducati Comfort seat makes it even better since the fabric has more grip reducing slide.
+1. The comfort seat also gives more support to the passenger so they aren't pushing downward and forward against you.

Lastly, if you bolt on the factory tailbag rack, the passenger can grip the grab rail. I've not been the passenger, but the woman says she likes the grab rail option a lot, and she switches back and forth between it and grabbing me when we ride.

·
Registered
846 Posts
like many of the previous responses, my experience is only with gt. 2up the gt is ridiculously more comfortable and nothing short of luxurious in comparison to the sbk (i rode a 748 and a 749 previous to my gt). in my opinion the sbk barely offers 2up, it's more set up for taking wifey or the gf for a quick lap (and frankly that's probably the way a sbk should be set up).

all that being said, be prepared for a major sacrifice in riding style in general/when riding alone. the gt is much different ride than the sbk. dont get me wrong -- i do like the gt -- but it turns like a dog (stock setup, in comparison to the sbk) and the wind sheer is tremendous at 90+ mph. i know you can mod to improve turning (just got mine, havent made any mods yet) and obviously wind screens exist to improve the sheer (perhaps at the expense of looks).

basically, my advice is to get the gt because you like the gt, riding style, looks, and all. it's still a duc, and myself coming off of a sbk still find it to be a thrill to ride. if you are more into sbk performance and only the occasional 2up, maybe a ST or SS would be a better route...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi,
I understand your situation having a Superbike for two up riding for the past 12 years, plus a monster and CBR400 whilst in Japan. Have had an SC for nearly 2 years now and my wife thinks this is the best two-bike we have. The engine torque is great once you add the necessary Termi-s DP ECU/ Wasp Power-up kit. Decent front suspension i.e Ohlins and surgery to the rear seat section which is way too large for us Australians.The seat was trimmed to match the frame width.

My daughter thinks its great too.

Regards
Glenn

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
+1 for the GT

Hi and welcome... there are many of us here that own GT 1000 I also own a supersport... I have to tell you the GT 1000 is a great bike for two up go to 14t on the front sprocket....
your needs are different for two up.... I have my supersport set up for solo and I ride the GT on weekends with my son now he is twelve but about 5'8" and 160+ (with size 12 1/2 shoes!)
we fly on that thing.... I recently went down to 40 t rear and it is fantastic... more that most pillions could handle... we ride hard and fast and the GT never does anything put perform perfectly... Just my 2 cents....I think it is the BEST BIKE IN THE WORLD FOR TWO UP!

I have a 900 supersport and a GT.
The Gt is the perfect compliment to a sportier bike.. I did upgrade to Ohlins and comfort seat and I would also recommend 14/40 gearing s you do not want to go super fast on this bike... but I still could go 140. but it feels a lot faster with no fairing... with 14/40 I'm turning 4000 rpm at about 65 mph...70 mph is 4250 ... so at red line... with DP ecu it's still about 140 this bike hits the wall at 140 even with taller gearing it's a wind resistance thing....
BUT it explodes off the line Wheeling into second gear....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
and perfect with two up

09 Ducati GT1000 Black and Gold; 14/40 with Ohlins F&R, Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR Red; 15/41 my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts