Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've got a Ducati jacket and just got some Teknic pants to make do for awhile until I decide on something better. So my question is:

The jacket and pants have a zipper mismatch, of course, with the jacket having almost a full circumference zipper and the pants having a very short zipper. If I go to a tailor, can they just sew the other half of the jacket zipper onto the pants and that's it? Is it really that simple?

Also, has anyone ever had stirrups sewn into their pants to keep them from riding up? After a ride, it seems like the knee armor isn't where it started out, and it'll probably only be worse if the pants and jacket are attached. I'm afraid that the only really good solution is custom (36" inseam).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Reducs said:
If I go to a tailor, can they just sew the other half of the jacket zipper onto the pants and that's it? Is it really that simple?
Yup - it's that simple... IF you can find the other half to the zipper! I have a Firstgear jacket and Firstgear pants with a zipper mismatch. Luckily, the jacket came with the half of the zipper that needed to be sewn into/onto the pants, so I went to a local person who specializes in racing leather alterations/repairs, and she sewed the zipper to the pants for me.

Be careful who you take your pants to for the zipper attachment surgery. If the pants have an elastic waistband (like most do), the waist must be stretched out while the zipper is being sewn in. Somebody who doesn't know what they're doing won't stretch out the waistband, sew in the zipper, and you're left with pants that don't stretch anymore.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, the jacket came with both halves of the zipper. I hadn't thought about the elastic, though.

Thanks!

(The solution seemed too obvious, so I thought I had to be missing something. I'm the one who usually ends up getting cut by Ockham's razor!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts