Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey thanks for the input on past questions. Got a couple more.
01 750 Sport salvaged from a rear end accident in 2005.
When I got the bike it came with an air filter. Bag it came in only reads Ducati Perfomance, can't remember any logos on the bag or filter. This filter replaces the airbox top cover. Anyone have or seen one like this. Is it a decent filter? I think this is a K&N type where I need to oil it, correct?

Like I have written this bike was rear-ended, more like clipped on the exhaust can, on the right side and thrown onto its left side. The frame at the top triple and tank got a small dent. The triples look good by eye. The front axle nut and axle got road rashed, front faring and headlight stay got tweaked ever so slightly. I decided to replace the stay rather than straighten and repaint. I also have to pull the front wheel to replace the front axle. While I am there doing all of that, I was thinking that it would be a good time to pull the fork tubes so I can be sure they are seated correctly, line back up and all. I don't have anything to hold them to check run-out so it will be a 60mph type of test. Don't I need to pull them anyway to drain the oil? Or am I just making a lot of work for myself?

Oh and yes I will be checking the head bearings too.
Thanks again.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
If the air box lid and filter look like this, it is a DP open air box lid and K&N filter.

Mine is not DP - I cut the top out of my original lid.

NOTE - the filter needs to be sprayed lightly with filter oil before use, which is why my filter has a pink tinge. K&N supply this as well as a cleaning solution for the future.

Richard

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
PM sent with a link so you can download the 900SS workshop manual.

Most will be the same for your 750. With respect to your questions, it has a section on checking/rebuilding forks and dimensions of the 900 frame. Not positive, but I think they use the same frame.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts