Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2 month old tank, bubbling again

682 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bradblack 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody, I just wanted your input on my 2 month old tank recently replaced on my 12 848 Evo by the local dealer. Today I was at the gas station, and noticed minor bubbling it looks like around the edge of the cap. Should I bother to go back and fight the dealer to replace the tank again? Or just suck it up and wrap the whole thing with a clear bra hopefully it will cover it up?

The aftermarket Vortex cap was installed by the dealer the same time the new tank was put on.

See less See more
#2 ·
If I was the dealer, I might be suspicious of your aftermarket fuel cap leaking fuel and causing the problem. Not saying that it is, but the dealer might...

#3 ·
I too would install your OEM cap. Dont give them a reason to deny you anything.
If you paid for that tank out of pocket, you have more argument for replacement than if you somehow were still under the 6 years from date of purchase Girard-Gibbs class action lawsuit.

For expansion problems that are not purely cosmetic, the extended warranty will cover repairs for the longer of 6 years from the original sale date or until 18 months after February 14, 2012, whichever provides longer coverage for a particular motorcycle. For purely cosmetic expansion problems, the extended warranty will cover repairs for the longer of 5 years from the original sale date or until 18 months after February 14, 2012.

That is a big vague eh? I've heard though that people were denied replacement in the lawsuit when their issues were purely cosmetic. If your tank expanded and wouldnt fit on the bike, even with their updated pucks n all, that was a diff story.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.