Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a very classic looking set up. looks alot like conti's, a 2 into 2 system and looks very sharp on the sport classics.

found it in one of those glossy japanese mags the other day.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another pic

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks great! Is it for real? Or maybe photoshop with artistic flair? Irregardless, it would sure be nice to have a manufacturer that wants to create the pipe that matches the original SC style.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Those in black ceramic coating is what I've heard rumored to be in development locally. I think aesthetically could be the ticket no matter who eventually releases. Nice to see these pics. There is hope.

·
Registered
173 Posts
johnrg said:
Those in black ceramic coating is what I've heard rumored to be in development locally. I think aesthetically could be the ticket no matter who eventually releases. Nice to see these pics. There is hope.
Sounds like the way to go. I am waiting for the right option. But, I'm having a hard time doing it. Please tell the local supplier to hurry up, so I can order a set.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I do like that.

Chrome looks good, I think black would still look good.

Looks like it might be a Super Sport style header?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did some more digging on these and they are apparently a japanese market only item. ie, no retailers in the west so far.

while i think they look awesome on the sport classics, the prices on these almost make them "unobtanium".

close to 3k+ by the looks of it. :eek:

here's the manufacturer's webpage: http://www.casuno.com/aella/lineup/sportclassic/index.html

sure look great though... :( :)

·
ROF
686 Posts
otterx said:
i did some more digging on these and they are apparently a japanese market only item. ie, no retailers in the west so far.

while i think they look awesome on the sport classics, the prices on these almost make them "unobtanium".

close to 3k+ by the looks of it. :eek:

here's the manufacturer's webpage: http://www.casuno.com/aella/lineup/sportclassic/index.html

sure look great though... :( :)
Thanks for the link....
My son lives in Japan and I am contacting him to see if he can help me find any additional information. I a really focused on the rear sets.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, let us know if you end up getting any of the goodies. ;)

BLACKBIRDXX said:
Thanks for the link....
My son lives in Japan and I am contacting him to see if he can help me find any additional information. I a really focused on the rear sets.

·
ROF
686 Posts
otterx said:
cool, let us know if you end up getting any of the goodies. ;)
UPDATE:

I called the folks at CASUNO/AELLA and after a couple of attempts at finding some at there end that spoke English they connect me with Takashi Ishiyama. Takashi apologize for his English language abilities and I assured him that his grasp of English was orders of magnitude better then my grasp of Japanese. :eek:

It turns out that the exhaust system they show on their web site is still in development and but they should have something to offer in about a month. Takashi will be getting back to me then. I have also requested more information on their clip-on handle bars and rear sets as well as how one might go about purchasing products they produce.

I haven't heard back from my son who live in Japan regarding this topic but he is due here tomorrow and I will follow up on that track.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the news. these would certainly look great on your machine! if you get a set, pls let us know how the install goes and if any chip replacement was required.

man...are they really about 3K USD?

BLACKBIRDXX said:
UPDATE:

I called the folks at CASUNO/AELLA and after a couple of attempts at finding some at there end that spoke English they connect me with Takashi Ishiyama. Takashi apologize for his English language abilities and I assured him that his grasp of English was orders of magnitude better then my grasp of Japanese. :eek:

It turns out that the exhaust system they show on their web site is still in development and but they should have something to offer in about a month. Takashi will be getting back to me then. I have also requested more information on their clip-on handle bars and rear sets as well as how one might go about purchasing products they produce.

I haven't heard back from my son who live in Japan regarding this topic but he is due here tomorrow and I will follow up on that track.

·
ROF
686 Posts
otterx said:
thanks for the news. these would certainly look great on your machine! if you get a set, pls let us know how the install goes and if any chip replacement was required.

man...are they really about 3K USD?
There are two prices for the exhaust system:
$2,560.43 USD & $2,437.75 USD
Maybe the different prices reflect what they are made from.
My son is here now and as soon as he wakes up and recovers from his jet lag I will see if he can translate some of the text on the CASUNO WEB SITE

·
Registered
323 Posts
BLACKBIRDXX said:
...$2,560.43 USD & $2,437.75 USD
Maybe the different prices reflect what they are made from...
For that kind of bread, I would hope one was made of Platinum and the other encrusted with diamonds. Even made of Ti, thats a big buck for an exhaust.

·
ROF
686 Posts
BLACKBIRDXX said:
My son is here now and as soon as he wakes up and recovers from his jet lag I will see if he can translate some of the text on the CASUNO WEB SITE
Turns out the difference in the pricing is that the higher price reflects taxes.

I just recieved an email from the folks at CASUNO/AELLA this morning.

Here is a "copy&paste" from that message:

"This is Takasahi Ishiyama at CASUNO MOTORCYCLES. First of all, thank you very much for your inquiring about our products, interesting our web site.

It is detailed contents about an inquiry from you.

Art no,27014 handle kit for Paul Smart.

Handle bar moved above for a position of standard. And bar angle is -6degree. It was made from A2017 aluminium alloy.
We usually prepare two way of surface treatment, POLISH and WHITE ANODIZED. BLACK,RED ,BLUE are also possible as a special order.

Art no.10045 Rear sets for Paul Smart.

Except foot peg made from A2017 aluminium alloy. Foot peg made from A5056 aluminium alloy. And foot peg was processed the knurl that is hard to slip. You can choose 7 step position depending on preference. Step position can move between 29mm forward , 22mm up and 9mm forward , 36mm up , by eccentric adjuster.

Art no.42014 Exhaust system

Exhaust system is going to be completed in next month. So please wait to order.

About sale our products in USA , boss says "It is not time to start business in USA.

Takashi Ishiyama AELLA development dept."

·
ROF
686 Posts
BLACKBIRDXX said:
Ran across this free translator this morning that might help folks understand what CASUNO/AELLA is describing on their web site.
Goto YAHOO! BABEL FISH and follow the instructions...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Nice rear sets! $805. USD..... seems not too much for the amount of work involved and the really look nice.

The bars at $366 USD is ok too.

I guess the owner has enough money if he doesn't want ours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts