Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum!

I've recently bought a 2012 796 and intend to do extensive mods. The big question for me is - do I fit slips-ons or a low slung short 2-1 for kit - the same as or similar to this SC one - https://www.scproject-shop.com/ducati_monster_796_2_1_crt_e.htm?

I love the look of the low short but I'm concerned it will be too loud / aggressive sounding & require a power unit and some tuning / ECU work (from what I've read).

What do you guys think?

Many thanks!

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms! We are super happy to have you here. :)

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the SC full exhaust, like your link . Yes very very loud ! I have my ECU custom tuned via Rexxer
Thanks - mmmm, I don't want it that loud.

Do you know if there's a low short exhaust that isn't that loud? I'm aware it might not exist!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Might be a DB Killer insert available or have one made .
If your close to Fl or Ga, Nc mountains 1st week September you can hear mine before you buy .

·
Registered
54 Posts
No I don’t have any info on that pipe . Looks great .
Should be a lot quieter since the Can is twice the length. You can always shorten it to make it louder if needed .

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Shorties are loud. The only way to make it quiet would be to increase restriction. I have the Termi shorty on my S4RS , it’s really loud. I couldn’t find a decibel killer for it, I’d have to make one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks of the input guys - I'm going to go with the SC 2-1 Oval...does anyone have any experience fitting the exhaust? It looks fairly straight forward other than getting to the bolts on the vertical (back) cylinder.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Piece of cake ! 1/4 10mm deep well on short extension from left side of bike , only tricky part is fitting rear pipe around engine and swing arm . New gaskets and nuts are nice to have when swapping full exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome - good to know...thanks for being so darn helpful!

Just had a another look and it's actually more accessible than i first thought.

Great tip re new gaskets and nuts too. I'm cleaning up and replacing all old nuts etc as I go through the various mods.

I'm sure I'll find out - but what did you find tricky about fitting rear pipe? And other than the new nuts and gaskets are there any other parts I might need that SC don't provide?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts