Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into new front rotors for my '98. I was under the impression that any 6 hole, 320mm dia. 10mm off-set from other Ducs would work.
Looking at Brembos site there is another difference that I'm missing. I think 2000 and newer 6 hole rotors are slightly different.
I think it has to do with the thickness of the rotor. The older ones were thinner from the get go.
Does anybody have the scoop on this? Can I use the "newer"ones?

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
They all fit except the later 748R and some other high-zoot Superbike specials that have a 15MM offset. Don't worry though, you're not going to come across a set of those by accident!

All the 320MM, 6 bolt 10MM offset rotors are good to go. You can use rotors off some Aprillas too, probably others. I think there was even a Yamaha model that used the same dimensions. My 916 wears some nice Brembo 4 pad calipers that were originally on an Aprilia. Lots of stuff is interchangeable

There are some differences in rotor thickness, 4.5MM and 5MM are two I can think of, but the calipers make it up. No problems. I actually have 998 "star" rotors on my ST. They are 4.5MM, have one less rotor button (9 rather than the normal 10) and a very spidery aluminium carrier. Nice and light, fit perfect.

There are several different carrier designs, but they are the same fitment.

Reactions: Stick

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some differences in rotor thickness, 4.5MM and 5MM are two I can think of, but the calipers make it up. No problems. .
This is exactly what I was looking for. I was on the right track. I just didn't trust my conclusion when it came to buying new rotors $$ and safety. I needed another opinion.

Awesome! Thanks SS904

1 - 4 of 4 Posts