Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bike looks great, flyingchappy! Did you have many bugs to shake out, or did it all go back together okay for you? Hope to maybe see you "flying" around the Lehigh Valley area some day!:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Bike looks great, flyingchappy! Did you have many bugs to shake out, or did it all go back together okay for you? Hope to maybe see you "flying" around the Lehigh Valley area some day!:)
Thanks man! Only one bolt fell off after the test flight. :grin2:Just like getting it new directly from the Ducati factory:wink2:
Before the tear down it would stall when cold sometimes while shifting out of gear into neutral before coming to a stop. This happened again several times that day initially. Not sure what to make of it. I don’t think it’s fuel starvation because it starts right back up and idles fine. It’s got new plugs, belts, Motul oil and new air filter. Engine runs strong and smooth.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well...I took her for a long ride as well as the state inspection. The bike felt fantastic. All was well until I returned home and I noticed a problem.
Nothing that can’t be fixed but it required a few expletives at volume in my garage.
My left side lower fairing was cracked at the oil cooler mount. I must have put it on with some tension as I used a new spare lower bracket because the stamped in mounting nut fell off as they always do. The left side lower needs some bending adjustment at the shifter bracket and maybe I put too much stress on the bolt. Über rare original lowers are hard to come by and when they do it’s over the top cost.
The picture tells the story.
Anyway I’m beyond the sick in my stomach feeling as I have a very good body shop guy that is meticulous and will make it better than new. Now I’m sporting the half fairing look for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
Anyway I’m beyond the sick in my stomach feeling as I have a very good body shop guy that is meticulous and will make it better than new. Now I’m sporting the half fairing look for awhile
In my best Clinton voice...."I feel your pain".

I have the full fairing on my PS and I would feel as you described if something like that happened to mine as well. Fortunately, they have tools to fuse the plastic back together again.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts