Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I decided to get intimate with my 07 1Ks. Frame off engine out.
Ceramic coat the frame and replace anything that was questionable. Still in the process of reassembly but making progress.
Thought I’d share some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say ceramic coating the frame are you talking ceracoat?

I have wondered what the durability would be of a ceracoat which is usually a firearms coating, I know it is said to be tough on firearms but motorcycles are different and may see different wear. Just curious and looking to learn of new options.
I’m very familiar with ceracote, no, this is ceramic hydrophobic paint protection. Semi permanent. I’m using C.Quartz brand.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Subscribed, make sure to take lots of pics, no detail will leave us uninterested! I have this same bike with almost 30K miles, at some point she's gonna need engine out. The heads, at that mileage, turn almost black, so I'd like to just black out the entire engine mostly, as it's will get there with mileage and dirt anyways!

:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Airbox back in, rear swing arm mounted and throttle cables reattached.

Hello FC

Nice job you are doing

I have a question about your rear brake pads.

Are the rear brake pads in this picture SBS 815 HF. It looks so since they are all black. Did the rear caliper come with those from Discacciati.

My rear pads was Goldfren S33 from Discacciati.

I have changed both front and rear pads to SBS HF type.

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello FC

Nice job you are doing

I have a question about your rear brake pads.

Are the rear brake pads in this picture SBS 815 HF. It looks so since they are all black. Did the rear caliper come with those from Discacciati.

My rear pads was Goldfren S33 from Discacciati.

I have changed both front and rear pads to SBS HF type.

Ciaooo

Moller

Here’s mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello FC

Thank you for answering ny question

Funny, that are the exact pads I bought my self. I do not want the sinter pads so bought the SBS 815HF for the rear and SBS 762HF for the front.

Ooohhhhh, just a thought- I think your brake setup need some new brake lines. The routing looks a little off

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks awesome! Wish I had the space and funds to strip everything and repaint, etc. Quick question. Where did you get the blue brake/clutch fluid from?

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks awesome! Wish I had the space and funds to strip everything and repaint, etc. Quick question. Where did you get the blue brake/clutch fluid from?

Cheers,

Mike
Hello Mike

I know it ain´t my bike but the fluid is the This is the ATE SUPER BLUE RACING
No longer blue for the USA or in Europe :frown2:

If you find some it is OLD stock.......

I would have loved to have that colour in my bike to since I have the Tygon Brake Fluid Tubing....

Ciaoooo

Moller

1 - 20 of 46 Posts