Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently picked up a 2007 GT1000 am already have the upgrade bug. The bike is stock except for bar end mirrors. I have a set of the Sport Classic wheels and an Outex kit (will report on how that works out). Debating on putting on a set of the Sport Classic rear shocks (cheap locally) or going for some 1 inch shorter Hagons to decrease the rear wheel gap.
I can get a set of forks from a 1999 ST4 for about the price of a set of Hyperpro springs. Would this be a better way to go? They seem to be in good shape.
Thanks in Advance,
Rod

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think I will go for the fork, just need to know if it is a direct bolt on or if other stuff needs to be changed. I've been searching the threads but there is conflicting info on the ST4 for being longer than the GT1000 fork and no info on older ST4 forks.
Can someone please let me know how long the GT1000 fork is unloaded? My Duc is at my mechanic's place right now.
Thanks again:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Thanks, I think I will go for the fork, just need to know if it is a direct bolt on or if other stuff needs to be changed. I've been searching the threads but there is conflicting info on the ST4 for being longer than the GT1000 fork and no info on older ST4 forks.
Can someone please let me know how long the GT1000 fork is unloaded? My Duc is at my mechanic's place right now.
Thanks again:eek:
All SC OEM forks are 697mm long. The ST4 forks are slightly longer, but nothing that would detract...just would have about 20mm +/- sticking out above the top triple.

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:confused:Thanks guys, fork has been ordered.
Next question: should I go for a used set of SC1000 rear shocks (300$) or the cheaper set of Hagons?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, the SC1000 shocks are 300 locally. I'm not sure if the cheaper YSS, Bitubo, or Hagons would be a big step up from those. They seem to all be in the 500$ range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts