Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forums so hello :) I'm Steven, from Florida. I was led here from two friends who attend the local motorcycle cafe.

Anyways, here is my issue. as you saw I have a 99 ss750 with the brembo hydraulic clutch. number 8J28 13. two seals on the master cylinder went bad and I was needing to replace them (pictures below). I talked to yoyodyneti and they told me that there is no rebuilt kit and that I have to buy the entire thing over again. This honestly doesn't make any sense to me because why would someone put something you can't do maintainance on, onto a bike? Anyways I searched around and was having a hard time trying to find kits or just seals. If anyone has the seals I need to replace I would be more than happy to buy them from you, of if you know anyone that can direct me in the right direction.

I also have a second question. If you notice the very bottom pictures you will see the boot that is goes next to I believe is my slave cylinder. It's torn and I need to replace it, and yet again I'm having a hard time coming over the part. Then on top of that the bolt that goes into the metal casing around the slave cylinder was so tight my wrench stripped the wrench part. So I had to vice grip it off. I was wondering where I can get a replacement bolt with a nipple at the end so I can bleed the system the way it should be bled.

lastly, you will notice the pin the pushes the master cylinder on the brembo system is some crappy ghetto rigged hack job of a pin. I'll also need to be replacing that too.

Once again, thank you very very much if anyone is willing to help me out with this.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
brembo does not sell new seals, a policy i can understand, as they
try to protect their good name i think.
i would buy the needed parts of ebay or from my local ducati dealer.

cheers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is hard to tell from your last photo, but I suspect that is the Clutch Rod Cover... it is not a seal. It is behind (inboard) of the clutch slave cylinder.

I goes bad when there is a leak of clutch fluid and or motor oil, or chain lube.

It is cheap and easily replaced.

Get on the internet and find the parts fiche... study.

Here is the one I like:
http://issuu.com/ducatiomaha/docs/ss900ie_usa-00

Look at drawing #4, part 27, and you will also need two parts number 30.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hopz, That is a great book but my bike is a 750, the link you sent me was for a 900. Thanks for the help guys, looks like I'm just going to have to buy a new master cylinder with the assembly :(

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Try these guys, they may have a rebuild kit or help you out. www.mgcycle.com They specialize in Moto Guzzi service, but many items are shared across manufacturer lines.

Another alternative, it'll require some leg work, is to measure all the components where the o-rings contact. Bore inside diameter, cylinder outside diameter (at the ID of the o-ring) and the width of the outside diameter groove. And the thickness of the o-rings.

Then go to a place that sells o-rings, like Greene Rubber. More than likely, they'll recommend a Viton material. An alternaltive would be Buna-N.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts