Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything was fine and working a few days ago. Today i went to turn it on and got nothing. It was completely dead. I checked the fuses and all were good. I even replaced the main fuse anyways, which didnt work. I tried charging the battery then a new battery, still dead. Any suggestions of what could be wrong? I was thinking maybe the ignition switch is bad of maybe a loose ground somewhere, but everything ive looked at seems fine.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Check the master fuse on the fight side of the battery. Some people miss that.

Make sure that the terminal from the On/Off switch is seated in the back of the starter solenoid. Those come loose.

There is also a fuse under the tail going to the ECU. Check that if you have not.

Sounds like a bad ground. No fuel pump priming or ECU click off after 15 seconds of turning the key to the off position?

I don't know if all of these effect power to all components. I have a dead machine right now do I cannot troubleshoot on my own for you.

If you have a multi-meter, start tracing the power from the battery and find where it fails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts