Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a 1998 748S Owner's Manual?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For Sticky

Could you please move this to the classifieds?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Actual paper manual or pdf?

You can download a pdf for the 2000 model from Ducati, I doubt there's much difference in the manual for the 2000 over the '98.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd prefer the pdf. As to the differences, there are a few minor ones, I think. For example, my tach has "Ducati Racing" v.s "Ducati Corse". There may be a few other subtitles as well.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I'd prefer the pdf. As to the differences, there are a few minor ones, I think. For example, my tach has "Ducati Racing" v.s "Ducati Corse". There may be a few other subtitles as well.
Even the genuine manual has errors, I have a '98 916 for which the original (supplied with the bike) manual covers both 916 and 748 and it states that the '98 models have a 3 phase 520w alternator ( I wish), which is not true as this did not appear until the 996, all 916 and up to '98 748 have the weaker single phase unit, although the enclosed wiring diagram shows the single phase.

But, AFAIK there really is very little change from '98 to 2000, that warrant a different explanation in user manual except the engine cutout switch on sidestand instead of 'suicide' stand and of course the wiring diagram.

I have a pdf workshop manual for 916/748 that I can email if you'd like.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The workshop manual would be great. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts