Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Are the wheels and headlight bucket of the Yellow 1998 the same colour and finish as the frame?

Help me do right by my poor bike

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
Yes, but it seems like a pretty hard match due to the matte texture. I've seen a few repaints that just don't look right. Can't go wrong with black.

Found a clean set of black 5 spokes for mine. I prefer the look and they are a little lighter.

Reactions: anyoldiron

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SS904.,,,,,,,,,,thats kinda what i figured having done some reading. l much prefer the 5 spokes over the 3 spokes, but having just sprung for a motor and odds and sods im probably going to wait until winter.

·
Registered
305 Posts
But my 1997 has white wheels. The original owner states these were original. The headlight bucket and fairing stays were all frame matched.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Yellow

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, but it seems like a pretty hard match due to the matte texture. I've seen a few repaints that just don't look right. Can't go wrong with black.

Found a clean set of black 5 spokes for mine. I prefer the look and they are a little lighter.
Biggest issue is matching the color correctly. To do this, you have to first apply a black primer under the correct gold paint.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have to admit that I have always liked the bright gold wheels on the 748-916's. Had the magnesium Marchesinis on for a long time but put forged alum OZ's on more recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to admit that I have always liked the bright gold wheels on the 748-916's. Had the magnesium Marchesinis on for a long time but put forged alum OZ's on more recently.

...............to my eye the stock colour gold 5 spokes are the perfect complement to the design. The older 3 spokes to me appear clumsy by comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts