Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I just rebuilt the clutch master cylinder, and now it will not bleed. With the reservoir full, I can remove the line, and nothing comes out. I also installed a new stainless line. But when I use my mity-vac at the slave, nothing is coming through. The slave is internal, unlike my 900SS. Can the slave be causing this issue? Or could I have rebuilt the master incorrectly? I put the new pieces in, following the sequence in which they came out.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for reading.

Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you’re not getting fluid out when you try and bleed it that’s your problem. You might not be opening your bleeder enough.

Try this too. With fluid in the clutch reservoir, and your bleeder closed, pump the clutch lever a few times. Then hook up your mity vac and open the bleeder

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
if you take the hose off the master, and with your finger over the outlet, pull the lever in. when it's in, let your finger off and then seal again then let the lever out. the fluid level should drop a little. keep doing that and the master should bleed.

conversely, turn the bars all the way to the right or lean it over so the end of the lever is the high point and slowly cycle the lever and air should come up into the reservoir.

careful of fluid going everywhere.

the master should bleed easily. is the fluid level dropping at all?

if neither of those work, you fucked up somehow is my guess.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try my finger over the outlet trick.

Thanks guys. I probably screwed up.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
is the piston coming back far enough to clear the compensating port? if not, that will stop fluid getting into the master bore.

remove the lever and use something to move the piston in and out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts