Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link or something for the original parts numbers for this model? Plus is there a source for parts online. In older threads the links to business no longer support theis model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I just got this bike and im new to the ducati brand.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Top right corner of Stein-Dinse home page click the flag for your language selection.
Left side of page click "search by model" - choose Ducati for brand, and then the nearest model that's just before your year, in your case the "Ducati 900 SS/SL '94-'97" should work

·
Registered
47 Posts
Top right corner of Stein-Dinse home page click the flag for your language selection.
Left side of page click "search by model" - choose Ducati for brand, and then the nearest model that's just before your year, in your case the "Ducati 900 SS/SL '94-'97" should work
what he said. I was just looking at it last night.
and then crossing the parts over to ducati of Omaha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok I see parts for the bike but no part numbers for the parts??? Just has 1 ...2...3 going to the part no actual part numbers. Im looking for the part number for the intake rubber boots. Could you post a link to the part numbers im missing it for some reason
Ok I found my problem you have to click on thenumber of the part to get the part number lol

But the rubber intake tube isn't one they list anyone have a number or source for the two intake tubes on the top of the air box?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Why would you want those? Horrible restrictive things. IMO - the only reason they were used, was to get the bike through the Euro spec (at the time) noise regs (same deal for the tall standard gearing). I took mine out when it was still brand new - and it was fine without any jetting changes. 70,000+ kms later, and I've never refitted them. Save your money.

Reactions: duc96cr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was having a problem of the bike backfiring and missing which think it was from running lean. A new airbox with no extra holes and the air horns fixed it. At quarter throttle

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I was having a problem of the bike backfiring and missing which think it was from running lean. A new airbox with no extra holes and the air horns fixed it. At quarter throttle
Sounds more like a plugged jet or orifice somewhere. But check all your electrical connections too - they have a nasty habit of creating problems which 'feel' just like a carb problem... Include giving the plug caps a good tug, to check they're firmly attached to the HT leads (that was what was causing my grief :eek: ). If they pull off - snip about 10mm off the end of the HT lead, and screw the cap back on.

Check your timing too - valve/cam and ignition. And go over ALL the ignition connectors, unplug them, check terminals are clean and shiny (clean them, and apply a TINY dab of vaseline before replugging if not clean).

Any possibility you (OK - new to you, so probably not) or a previous owner may have been in the carbs? If replacing the trumpets made a difference - something is wrong. Sadly, the most likely place is in those OEM carbs. There are kits to rebuild them, and how-to's on this forum (just search on carb rebuild from the forum search link). Good luck - they can be kinda frustrating.

Edit: Just had another thought - check that all the clips/clamps that hold the carbs to the manifold rubbers are tight! That was my secondary problem - which was caused by pulling the carbs out multiple times trying to find problem caused by plug caps.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I guess that at the end of the day - that is all one can hope for. ;)

Enjoy your riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts