Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reinstalled the motor into my 1996 900CR and I would like to use the Ducati battery connection to keep it trickle charged with my Battery Tender. Unfortunately, it does not plug directly into the Battery Tender -- it looks like the Ducati connector is a straight connector, whereas the Battery Tender is dimpled. Has anybody overcome this? Is there an adapter available?

Pic below. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
The battery tender usually comes with a short harness that you can connect directly to your battery and then zip tie the connector to an accessible point on the frame. You then connect the battery tender to that when you want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The battery tender usually comes with a short harness that you can connect directly to your battery and then zip tie the connector to an accessible point on the frame. You then connect the battery tender to that when you want.
Understood, but it looks from like this connector is already wired into the harness (on the left side) and I would like to use that rather than loop in another pigtail connector. Has anybody successfully connected a Battery Tender connector to one of these?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Señor Member
8,237 Posts
I'd suggest you post another picture showing where the installed connector, and wires, are routed as indeed the connector in your picture looks an awful lot like the R/R connector. My '96 did not come with a battery tender lead already installed, I had to install it myself, the leads going directly to the battery.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Same here. Why reinvent the wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Just a side question - those of you who fit battery tender cables - do you install it with a fuse on the +'ve side of the 'wire in' connector? Or just straight to battery?

Just curious...

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Mine are fitted straight to the battery.

Just a side question - those of you who fit battery tender cables - do you install it with a fuse on the +'ve side of the 'wire in' connector? Or just straight to battery?

Just curious...

·
Premium Member
493 Posts

Just curious...
Mine has an in-line fuse fitted and connects straight to the battery.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Fuse is best for "what if". What if the red wire get crushed when lowering the tank, or the zip-tie to the frame is too tight?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Fuse is best for "what if". What if the red wire get crushed when lowering the tank, or the zip-tie to the frame is too tight?
Yep. Exactly. I had mine wired 'direct' initially (for some years...), then one day I was working on some other wiring stuff, and had the thought that a 'live' battery wire right under the tank probably wasn't the best idea, so added a fuse in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts