Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much consideration, I think it is time to let my 1996 900 SS SP go. If you are looking for a very well built 900 with all the period correct parts on it, this is the one for you. This bike puts a smile on my face every time I swing a leg over it and I will do my best to provide as much detail as I can. I can also provide all receipts from the time the bike was new to serious buyers.

The bike was ridden stock until it had about 4500 miles before the engine was built and all
other aftermarket parts were added. The bike has the following upgrades:

Engine:
944 Kit with 11:1 High Compression Pistons
Cams
Keihin FCR 41mm Carbs
Dyna Ignition Coil Kit
Full Spaghetti Staintune System
Nichols Lightweight Flywheel
Lightened/Balanced Internals

Chassis:
RaceTech modified forks and shock
Marchesini 5 Spoke Magnesium Wheels
New Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Tires
New DID Gold Chain
New Superlite Sprockets

Other:
Nichols Billet Exhaust Hangers
Nichols Engine Bolt Kit

I may have missed a few small items but this is the majority of the additions that have been made to the bike.

The bike was just tuned by Doug Lofgren to make sure it was running as well as possible. It runs extrmely smooth and is one of the stronger 900's I have ridden! It is not a museum quality bike but is in excellent shape for being 20+ years old with 13k miles on it. It is ready to be ridden and enjoyed. The bike is located in the Minneapolis, MN area. I am looking to get $6500 for the bike and am glad to answer any questions anyone may have.

Having a hard time adding pictures but will try again later today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corse Superbikes out of WI built the engine; unfortunately, they are no longer around though. Should have included this in my listing so my apologies.

As far as cams go, the receipt I have does not give any indication as to what cams were put in the bike and I have not had it apart to be able to say exactly what they are. It indicates "Racing Camshaft Set" with a price of about $500. Sorry I can't give a much more detailed answer than that.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
That’s a excellent price for that bike!

Wheels, 944cc work and exhaust/headers are at least $4500 alone.

Very nice build and good luck with the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s a excellent price for that bike!

Wheels, 944cc work and exhaust/headers are at least $4500 alone.

Very nice build and good luck with the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the kind words! Its not the cheapest SP around, but I think it is priced very fairly for what it is!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mic Drop ------ Someone buy this thing fast- proper SS/SP - GLWS!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
After much consideration, I think it is time to let my 1996 900 SS SP go. If you are looking for a very well built 900 with all the period correct parts on it, this is the one for you. This bike puts a smile on my face every time I swing a leg over it and I will do my best to provide as much detail as I can. I can also provide all receipts from the time the bike was new to serious buyers.

The bike was ridden stock until it had about 4500 miles before the engine was built and all
other aftermarket parts were added. The bike has the following upgrades:

Engine:
944 Kit with 11:1 High Compression Pistons
Cams
Keihin FCR 41mm Carbs
Dyna Ignition Coil Kit
Full Spaghetti Staintune System
Nichols Lightweight Flywheel
Lightened/Balanced Internals

Chassis:
RaceTech modified forks and shock
Marchesini 5 Spoke Magnesium Wheels
New Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Tires
New DID Gold Chain
New Superlite Sprockets

Other:
Nichols Billet Exhaust Hangers
Nichols Engine Bolt Kit

I may have missed a few small items but this is the majority of the additions that have been made to the bike.

The bike was just tuned by Doug Lofgren to make sure it was running as well as possible. It runs extrmely smooth and is one of the stronger 900's I have ridden! It is not a museum quality bike but is in excellent shape for being 20+ years old with 13k miles on it. It is ready to be ridden and enjoyed. The bike is located in the Minneapolis, MN area. I am looking to get $6500 for the bike and am glad to answer any questions anyone may have.

Having a hard time adding pictures but will try again later today.
Are you the original owner?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think that I was the second owner who did most of the upgrades.
The PO from me was from Texas and I sold it to a young guy from Wisconsin.
The work was all done at Corse in Saukville WI. Mark Sutton of Duck fame built the engine.
Travis Schultze did everything else.I can't see it in the pictures but there is a fuel shutoff switch on the frame below the tank so I
could turn the gas off without removing the seat.Those flatside carbs do not like it if you leave the gas on.Just curios if that is my old bike. Was a
great machine that I really miss. That sound...Mike Bernhard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that I was the second owner who did most of the upgrades.
The PO from me was from Texas and I sold it to a young guy from Wisconsin.
The work was all done at Corse in Saukville WI. Mark Sutton of Duck fame built the engine.
Travis Schultze did everything else.I can't see it in the pictures but there is a fuel shutoff switch on the frame below the tank so I
could turn the gas off without removing the seat.Those flatside carbs do not like it if you leave the gas on.Just curios if that is my old bike. Was a
great machine that I really miss. That sound...Mike Bernhard
Yep this is your old bike! I purchased it from Martin in WI. The fuel shut off is still there and is nice have. It is a very nice bike and a very well built!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.