Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Chrome cylinder studs that are broken. If studs are black you are good. If chrome looking there is a potential risk of one breaking.
Ducati electronica rectifier increased chance of failure.
make sure it runs and if possible has records of last time belts were changed- every 2-3 years you need belts changed .
Frames were good but a crashed bike can have damage. Look for crash damage if it has crashed check the hinge are of the gas tank for signs of fuel stains from leaking. It is repairable but thats repair and often paint.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Chrome cylinder studs that are broken. If studs are black you are good. If chrome looking there is a potential risk of one breaking.
make sure it runs and if possible has records of last time belts were changed- every 2-3 years you need belts changed .
Frames were good but a crashed bike can have damage. Look for crash damage if it has crashed check the hinge are of the gas tank for signs of fuel stains from leaking. It is repairable but thats repair and often paint.
Ducvet covered the main things. I'd say that, with that few miles, be aware that putting it back into service may involve leaking gaskets and seals that have dried out. Check the date on the tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good info. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ducvet covered the main things. I'd say that, with that few miles, be aware that putting it back into service may involve leaking gaskets and seals that have dried out. Check the date on the tires.
Yes, I figured at least tires, cam belts, was stored in doors in a collection for many years, runs& drives but how well with old tires and belts? I hope it was put up dry, ill find out thanks for your info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts