Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Senior Italophile
791 Posts
Push the slave cylinder piston back into the cylinder then reinstall. Ensure that the stack height is correct.

· Senior Italophile
791 Posts
thanks, will try tonight. once i remove the slave, do i need to bleed, will the system be compromised? never have taken one off before...
Actually now that I think about it you can push the rod in from the clutch side if you still have it apart. just push hard against it and it will compress the piston into the slave cylinder. When you get everything back together just grab the clutch lever repeatedly until it pumps back up and re-sets itself. if the oil in your reservoir is dark and dirty go ahead and bleed the system.
And no the system will not be compomised if you remove the slave cyclinder. The only way it could be if you grab the lever with the reservoir off the bike you can pump the piston out of the slave.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.