Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

Doesn't seem to be a problem I can find here after searching - took the clutch apart, checking for wear, it's certainly time to replace, so i just wanted to pack it back up and ride until the new one comes. Nothing more than that.

Problem is that the clutch push rod seems to be sticking out too far and therefore the pressure plate doesn't fully contact the drum teeth. So when you engage the clutch, the plate just pops out. No power to the wheels. WTF?

I am at a loss - slave piston problem? Ugh, haven't ridden in a week, rear caliper problems (rear rotor lodged itself into the caliper somehow), chain too tight, can't friggin loosen the bolts to the rear axel...one thing at a time...

Thanks all

Chris

·
Registered
123 Posts
make sure you lined up the pressure plate mark to mark on center hub tower where pressure plate bolt go
pressure plate has marks only on one hole the center hub tower only has one marked

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, did that. i have the service manual and followed all steps. Just unsure why the pushrod would stick out farther than it should...wondering if the slave cylinder is binding? Going to remove and inspect...

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Push the slave cylinder piston back into the cylinder then reinstall. Ensure that the stack height is correct.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, will try tonight. once i remove the slave, do i need to bleed, will the system be compromised? never have taken one off before...

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
thanks, will try tonight. once i remove the slave, do i need to bleed, will the system be compromised? never have taken one off before...
Actually now that I think about it you can push the rod in from the clutch side if you still have it apart. just push hard against it and it will compress the piston into the slave cylinder. When you get everything back together just grab the clutch lever repeatedly until it pumps back up and re-sets itself. if the oil in your reservoir is dark and dirty go ahead and bleed the system.
And no the system will not be compomised if you remove the slave cyclinder. The only way it could be if you grab the lever with the reservoir off the bike you can pump the piston out of the slave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts