Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, I have a 95 900SS CR. I didn't do any homework (for once) and made an impulse buy on eBay. The description said they fit a 95 900SS. I bought what I thought were stock rearsets that had been polished. Thought shiny might be fun for a minute and the price was right. I got them today and the left side looks to be a spot on swap. The right side though does not. The 'wing' that holds the brake mechanism is different on my stock part. You can see this in the pictures. The general bolt pattern and such seems fine, I could bolt these on, but, will I have an issue with the 'wing' instead of how my part looks? Can I make this work? Anyone know?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those are the same ones I have on my '92 750SS. (minus the bling!).
So I would say that they are from an earlier machine. Should bolt on no problem but the brake line length might be an issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those are the same ones I have on my '92 750SS. (minus the bling!).
So I would say that they are from an earlier machine. Should bolt on no problem but the brake line length might be an issue.
Strange, my '92 750SS had the same as the OP's 95 but in plain metal finish instead of black.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Strange, my '92 750SS had the same as the OP's 95 but in plain metal finish instead of black.
My 750 has a build date of 9/91, so it's an early one. Maybe they are from the 900's of the same vintage.

The black one looks like it offers more protection to the rear master than the silver ones though.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Holy Cow Batman! I'm glad I have a full fairing SP or I would have to sell another kidney for the anodized pieces not normally seen on my bike! :D

When I first read your thread I thought you bought aftermarket "racing" style rear sets. They are nice but I could easily take mine off and polish them with my industrial strength buffer. I'm suprised you didn't go for a more "custom" set (Woodcraft) since the rest of you bike is. ;) Good luck in getting them fitted....very nice CR indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts