Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Ducati Super Sport 900 CR
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
see pic attached. This line seems a little close to the exhaust pipe. I was thinking of putting 45 degree elbows on each end to bump it out a bit. What have you guys done to remedy this? I can't imagine why its so close.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,252 Posts
That's exactly what I did on my bike. Picked up the fittings and had a slightly longer hose made at my local HyQuip store. It provides extra clearance for the oil cooler line as it passes by the exhaust pipe and it doesn't stick out unobtrusively far either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I did on my bike. Picked up the fittings and had a slightly longer hose made at my local HyQuip store. It provides extra clearance for the oil cooler line as it passes by the exhaust pipe and it doesn't stick out unobtrusively far either.
Ok, cool. How was it to get off? Looks like it doesn't want to come off easy. You said you had it fabricated at a hydraulic place?

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,252 Posts
Ok, cool. How was it to get off?
Easy peasy,the oil cooler hose just spins right off the fittings on the engine case and oil cooler.

You said you had it fabricated at a hydraulic place?
Yep. Took the bike down to the local HyQuip store,explained exactly what I wanted,and had the guy fabricate the hose for me while I waited.

Not the greatest pic here but there's actually about a 1/2 inch of clearance between the exhaust pipe and the oil cooler line.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I got some tube insulation at an auto race parts place. Metallic outside, looks like asbestos
cloth inside. A longer hose is a better solution.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got some tube insulation at an auto race parts place. Metallic outside, looks like asbestos
cloth inside. A longer hose is a better solution.
Yeah, I think the longer hose is the way, shielding in a pinch

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats the AN size for the male fittingz coming off the engine and cooler?

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
48 Posts
Female 6AN fittings on the hose, then a 6AN male to 14mmx1.5 male converter to 14x1.5 threads in both the case and oil cooler.

When I added an extra oil cooler, that’s what I used. Did them myself and they turned out fine.

ESPEEDER 16Ft Oil Hose Line Nylon Braided+AN 6 Hose End Fitting Adapter Kit Amazon.com: ESPEEDER 16Ft Oil Hose Line Nylon Braided+AN 6 Hose End Fitting Adapter Kit: Automotive

PitVisit PV Raceworks 6AN Male to 14mm x 1.50 Male Port Straight Fitting Anodized Blue Aluminum AN to Metric Adapter (10) Amazon.com: PitVisit PV Raceworks 6AN Male to 14mm x 1.50 Male Port Straight Fitting Anodized Blue Aluminum AN to Metric Adapter (10): Automotive

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Female 6AN fittings on the hose, then a 6AN male to 14mmx1.5 male converter to 14x1.5 threads in both the case and oil cooler.

When I added an extra oil cooler, that’s what I used. Did them myself and they turned out fine.

ESPEEDER 16Ft Oil Hose Line Nylon Braided+AN 6 Hose End Fitting Adapter Kit Amazon.com: ESPEEDER 16Ft Oil Hose Line Nylon Braided+AN 6 Hose End Fitting Adapter Kit: Automotive

PitVisit PV Raceworks 6AN Male to 14mm x 1.50 Male Port Straight Fitting Anodized Blue Aluminum AN to Metric Adapter (10) Amazon.com: PitVisit PV Raceworks 6AN Male to 14mm x 1.50 Male Port Straight Fitting Anodized Blue Aluminum AN to Metric Adapter (10): Automotive
Thank you, very good info!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Alec just to clarify, so I'd go from the females (6AN's on the hose) to male 6AN's on one end and Female 14mm x1.5 on the other (probably 45 degree fittings) so i could screw it intro the motor and cooler male fittings (which are also 14mm x1.5)?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alec, my goal is to install a 45 degree fitting on each end to get the line away from the header. Is this what you were thinking in your description? Sorry, its late and my brain is fried!

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
48 Posts

Here’s a picture of my lines. Not a super sport but you get the deal. The blue connectors are male to male. The side that threads into the oil cooler as well as the side that threads into the case are 14x1.5. The other side of the blue adapter is AN6, which threads into the black female AN6 fitting on the hose. The kit I ordered came with a bunch of different angled fittings and as you can see here I used the 90 degree connectors on the line that comes from the high oil cooler, then 45 degree connectors on the lower hose.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have never seen an issue as long as the hose is not touching you are fine. If it is touching something is likely out of location and would need fixing.
Ok, 10-4, ill definitely check equipment alignment, mine is touching, the hose is discolored too.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Alec, my goal is to install a 45 degree fitting on each end to get the line away from the header. Is this what you were thinking in your description? Sorry, its late and my brain is fried!
Sounds good, but be sure and don't mix up the stainless braided lines with the nylon braided lines...that is to say, it looks like the different types of lines use different fittings. One for stainless, one for nylon braid.

If an AN-6 female hose end will screw on to the cooler AND the block fitting, you could just order 2 of these and have a local auto parts store that stocks the hose make one up for you. (But if they're special metric fittings, all bets are off)

Reactions: mzrhayes

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, 10-4, ill definitely check equipment alignment, mine is touching, the hose is discolored too.
Follow up, so i wanted to a pic of solution to the cooler hose. It was an AN-6, I used a 45 degree fitting, works great! The hose could be shortened slightly but all in all i think it'll do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts