Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As part of my M600 restoration I will be media blasting the tank, and would like to put the stickers back on, keeping their exact original position, but have got no idea how to do that.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I don’t know either. I guess if I had to do it I’d take pictures and measure the location with a cloth seamstress tape.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
paper template(s) with the fill hole/cap as the locator for starters. a few measurements added in to confirm and you're golden.

Reactions: mlukason

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Look at pics of your model, and give it your best shot.
If your placement is a little off, nobody will likely notice, unless it is crooked.
So, measure twice, stick once.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Just trying to get as many ideas as possible, since my OCD will make me re-do everything if I feel it is even slightly off :grin2:

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,193 Posts
I usually photograph or scan the stickers onto printer paper, cut them out and stick them on with bluetack to get them right then lay a rectangle of masking tape as a frame for the actual stickers.

Reactions: Monster4Lee

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I usually eyeball the first one , the try to match the second one to that. I’ve never gotten it right yet, but nobody ever noticed. I figured you wanted something more precise than that.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Buy at least one set of extra stickers. It's very rare to get it right the first time. The tiniest little air bubble can totally ruin your day. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts