Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
This could be a US thing... but the SL's didn't come with the half-fairings that I know of, and the oil coolers were always mounted on the bottom of the horizontal head. The seat isn't original either (didn't have that 'lip' on the tank). I'm also not sure I've ever seen an SL with a black motor.

So that's either a modded SL or an SS (you call them SS/SPs??) that's been painted or...

Is very pretty, don't get me wrong... but is it the REAL deal? ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks like the real deal to me. Lots of tasteful modifications listed on the linked site. Makes my stock 93SL look kind of plain by comparison. If you are interested ask the owner for a photo of the triple clamp plaque.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Wow... Look at the front fairing... My CR fairing is much bigger! My side pannels have TWO frame mount screws.
What bike would those side pannels have come on?

·
Registered
566 Posts
BUY the SuperLight, and ride that is what it is made for. You will have an ear to ear smile every time you bring her to Life!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Iwannaduc said:
I remember sat in front of the Ducati dealer in Oxford staring at a SL back in 92. I was in awe back then. It's still such a beautiful bike. I'd love to own one but I couldn't let it sit, I'd have to ride it.......sean
If that August 1st 1992 and Oxford Motorcycle Engineering on Hythe Bridge Street in the UK then it could well have been my bike you were lusting after!

Waited months for it to arrive with only the pics from MCN to keep me going.
I now can't believe that I paid nearly £8000 for it some fifteen years ago. Look what you can get for the same money now

Still got it mind, and I won't be selling it anytime soon....

Rob

·
Registered
890 Posts
I didn't get there until October of 1992. It was probably sometime near Christmas of '92 after I'd bought my old '89 ZX-7 that I went to the Kawasaki shop in Oxford. It was essentially right across the street from the Ducati shop. I just remember walking up to the Kawasaki shop in the rain, it was a miserable Saturday morning. After I finished my business I walked out the door and there was some kind of freak "cloud hole" or something and sunlight was streaming down in one spot. It was like a spot light on the storefront window of the Ducati shop. It was one of those movie quality moments, where a main character has an epiphany. I was drawn, awestruck to the window, where I stood staring, open mouthed I think, at a white framed, yellow Superlight. I stood staring for what seemed like an hour. Then two guys went in and after a bit a salesman rolled the bike out of the window. I'm sure there was another there the next time I went to Oxford but that moment was kind of a life event for me. I got to test an 888 at the Kidlington dealer later on when the 916 came out but I was so nervous I was going to crash it I really didn't get to enjoy the experience. After I got back to the dealership the salesman showed me one that had been crashed and told me I shouldn't have worried about it!.....sean

21 - 32 of 32 Posts