Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am a long time Ducati enthusiast who has reached a crossroads in my life. Due to a variety of circumstances, I haven't ridden my bikes in the last 9 years. I have slowly sold them off and I am down to the last one, which was the first Ducati that I ever owned and the bike that was responsible for my passion of motorcycling.
So my question is this: I have no idea what my 1992 Ducati 900 SS is worth. It is a charcoal and white version with all of the appropriate modifications and upgrades of the period. It has 12,000 miles and has always been stored indoors and overly maintained. I have glanced at the classifieds and but I was looking for some input from the community.
It is a difficult decision to part with something that I have been so passionate about for so long. I don't need to sell for financial reasons, but it is becoming more apparent that I may never ride this bike again, and I feel that it is too nice to let remain in storage, and not being used for it's intended purpose.
Anybody ever been down this road before? Any comments would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

Rick

·
Registered
381 Posts
Super clean carbed SS models have been going for in between 3 and 4K around here. The charcoal model is rare--possibly it could fetch close to 5K if it is immaculate?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a photo. It has been stored in this enviornment since new.

Mods: I am not posting a classified ad in the discussion forums, I am really looking for input on value and help with the seperation anxiety... If am violating any rules, please advise as it is not my intention.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'd put it in $4500 or less category myself.

FWIW I've got the first Ducati I ever owned tucked away in my basement right now, a 1991 907ie I bought new. I've come close to selling it a few times but never went through with it. It hasn't been ridden much for quite a few years and now there's a 996 sitting next to it that may not see the streets this summer either. But I have been riding my '97 900ss! Well, I was. Until the forks started blowing oil all over...

·
Registered
255 Posts
The bike looks nice! Hard to pin down value without knowing the mods, though. People will pay extra for FCR's and carbon pipes (the latter of which you obviously have). 12K miles is low but not shockingly so. Service records will help support the price. Honestly it's worth whatever someone will pay, perhaps $4-4500?

Keep it if you can afford to! :)

Cheers

d.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input everyone.
I guess you could say I'm in the 'tempted to sell' mindset, but I am trying to overcome that temptation!
The fear is that if I sell this one, I will sever the ties to motorcyles completely.
I'm going down stairs to put the cover back on it...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Thanks for the input everyone.
I guess you could say I'm in the 'tempted to sell' mindset, but I am trying to overcome that temptation!
The fear is that if I sell this one, I will sever the ties to motorcyles completely.
I'm going down stairs to put the cover back on it...

Thanks.
You do know of course that the black ones are much faster, the owners are much better looking, and get the babes with long red hair.

·
Registered
350 Posts
These are the posts that I HATE.

The black '92 is the rarest of the '90's 900ss. It's also the best looking.
Its for sale (or may be), and I don't have a pot-to-piss-in cash wise.
You are an evil man.
:mad:

Only a few would really appreciate the bike for what it is. Unless you find someone like me, except has the $$, then the bike will probably just fade away.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll never forget the day I found this bike. The owner of the shop was just polishing off a light coat of wax and I saw it from across the shop area. I really didn't care how much it cost, but it was going to be mine.
It still makes me smile when I look at it, so I guess that alone is reason to keep it.

Thanks again for the comments.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts