Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I have a question, Does anyone know how many 900ss models were brought into the U.S. in 1991--ie white frame & white wheels? and what may be the earliest vin # here in the U.S.? --Just wondering as I just acquired # 28. I am mainly a BMW guy and I have lots of documentation from BMW giving production numbers for the U.S & Europe models but Ducati who knows lol--The Italians dont keep the kind of records that the Germans do--but then who does. My 1991 900ss I do know was purchased in Italy by Renato who worked for Ducati.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have read where many of the 1991 models to the US were immediately shipped to Japan gray market.

I too think I have one of the very low number'd 91's and know some of its history....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if this chart is correct it looks like there were 190 900ss full fairing models imported into the U.S. 1107 in Europe

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
If you’re interested in the history of the brand you ought to buy a copy of Ian Falloon’s book. It’s very informative and interesting . It contains production numbers and all kinds of data.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The weird thing about this bike is the Vin #, I have to go thru Vermont to get it squared away--ZDM906SC2*xxxxxx* here in Fl they have no clue lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, super surprised at the low numbers of imports!
My bike was not an import model it Is a Euro spec bike-sold in Italy to a Ducati Tech rep, brought to the U.S. in 2003

1 - 11 of 11 Posts