Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know exactly what tools came in a 1991 900ss from the factory, I do not have the tool set but I want to get one--I am only interested in the original tool kit that came on the bike when new--Yes I know there are aftermarket kit's--Not Interested-- I am also not interested in what people Think I should carry--I am a purist so I want only to know exactly what came on the bike when new from Ducati. Thanks guys If you have one on your bike could you please post a picture of it & tell me exactly what is there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cant believe that someone here does not have their complete original tool kit that came on their 1991-1996 900ss, I need to know exactly what came on the bike when new--Please guys I need help with this-I cant find anywhere online or in my owners manual or service manual what comprised the original tool set.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
the parts catalogue shows the 1991 # applying to all carby ss, lots of monsters and all st2 as well, so that may widen your search.

from memory, it had a couple of small open end spanners, a plastic screwdriver handle with reversible bit, a couple of 90 degree hex keys, tube spark plug spanner. should have had something for the rear axle i would think, but don't recall now.

907 one would be different due to rear axle nut size?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok Thank you hopefully someone will have a complete original kit so I can get the detailed info I am looking for--I am just trying to put one together for my 91 900ss & one for my 91 907ie I know I am probably crazy as far as Ducati guy's think but I am all about the original detail--if you have everything there that is original to the bike when it was new -It add's value to the bike when & if you sell it

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My '91 851 is low mile (under 10k) and I think the tool kit is pretty complete, however I seem to recall a plastic screwdriver handle and a reversible bit for it in my '91 907 tool kit? I sold that one a while back so can't go look. I also can't recall what was supposed to turn the spark plug wrench... maybe the screwdriver? Or was there a straight metal rod? Hmm....

Anywhos here's what my 851 toolkit looks like. It's got an extra allen key but other than that I think everything that's there is original from Ducati.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got that same kit with my 888, has the ducati logo across the top in white with the Cagiva elefant???

My SL had a small red pouch with black edging, nothing more than a screwdriver handle, double ended bit spark plug socket and that was it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts