Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently restoring a 1990 750 sport for my son . it still has the factory ignition system and yes it works but i understand its problematic so i was advised to upgrade it to the Kokusan
system used on the 750ss or 900ss 91 - 98 Has anyone done this upgrade and can give me some pointers or possibly a list of parts including years and motor size IE stater ,flywheel , pick up coil, ign. coils , coil drivers ect Thanks

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i was going to say it should have kokusan, but is it one of the usa models that had the digiplex? you can fit an ignitech as a direct replacement of the digiplex. easier than fitting all the kokusan bits.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
This is an old thread and the pics are gone. It's also about bevels, but the idea is the same:

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/14-vintage/126254-monster-ign-bevelhead.html

I'm currently trying to work this out for my 860GT. Apparently ST2 components will also work. Eons ago, there was a Kokusan conversion kit, but now you have to assemble it bit by bit using ST2/old Monster parts. The other option is to use one of the aftermarket kits, but they are generally expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts