Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed the title to get a more direct subject... Please...can any one direct me to any contacts to help me find a value for my bike?? it has 2,250 miles, and has been in my garage and NOT licenced since 1990.. it's very clean, and a very sharp bike, too!! i just need a little help!! thank you!! cyn

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Sounds like a Paso. You might want to go here to ask your question:

http://ducatipaso.org/

My wild guess, around $3500? And that much only because it's a low mile limited. I'm sure others will argue it's worth more, I just don't see one selling for much more than that. But I'm certainly no expert on them. I know I've seen run of the mill 750 Pasos selling for closer to $2k.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Craig!! I was offered 2K for it...but i know NOTHING of its value...and the buyer told me what he would give me for it, not asking me what i wanted...it is very clean!! it has been stored in my garage under blankets and covers for years waiting for my son to grow up and be trusted to stay alive on it....no dice!!! i have to get rid of it to get him a car instead...i dont want to get rich, by any means...but dont want to give it away either!! just looking for some direction, i thank you again, and will check out the site you gave me!! thank you again!! cyn

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well... having never seen the bike I can't say if $2k is a good or bad offer. The thing to keep in mind is, it's been sitting so long it will likely take a lot of work to get back on the road. Belts need to be changed, fluids, some of the seals may be bad (fork, engine) and the tires... they're no good now and hard to find new. A guy could easily drop another grand or more into it just getting it back into shape. Brake lines, carb rebuild, battery, etc... it all adds up.

Anywhos, go to the paso forum, post this info, and you may even get more interest in it. FWIW - an '88 Paso isn't a great bike for someone who isn't into Ducatis. Though I love the reason you kept it for so long! Good on you for trying, AND for realizing it won't work out.

Also, please don't make any decisions on my advice alone. I really have been out of the "Paso scene" for too long to be all that knowledgeable. My gut feel is his offer is low, but if I were in the market, I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to pay a lot for a bike that's been stored for almost 20 years, for the reasons above.

If you can post pics on the paso forum it would likely help. If you have digital pics but no way to post them, let me know. I'm registered over there and can host them on my site.

P.S. Does it look like this? (The seat and turn signals will likely be different, but in general...)

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Sounds like a Paso. You might want to go here to ask your question:

http://ducatipaso.org/
There are several threads on the Paso Forum about the white Limiteds. Some of these bikes seem to have just been paint and stickers, but there is one thread over there about the true Limited that had different headers, mufflers, and I think they even had some head work. For a value, I'd expect $2500-$3500 depending on originality and condition with that low mileage, but.....you may have to wait a while for a buyer. There just isn't much demand for the Paso, and fortunately for you, it seems like the Paso market hit its low about two years ago.

DesmoDog is also correct about some of the items that may need to be addressed, and if the guy takes it to a dealer (assuming they'll even work on it), it can cost a lot more than the initial cost of the bike to replace any rubber that is dry rotted. A local guy bought an extremely low mileage 916 thinking he got a terrific bike. After he started riding it, nearly ever seal that could cause the engine to leak started leaking. He wound up taking a loss and traded it on a 2002 748.....as the story was told to me by a good friend at the dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep...it looks just like it...is that your bike?? it's sharp...i don't want to say pretty...but it is!!! i think i am going to go with the 2K. I don't want to screw the kid who is buying it...like you said..it will cost $$ to get it running and i would love to see it on the road....i love the bike and thought about trying to keep it for myself...but i am a better passenger than a driver!! i think i will stay with my husbands "Beverly Hills Mini Chopper" with the lawn mower engine type!!! LOL!!! i just want to be fair for all parties involved. i thank you for the input!! cyn

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've seen the 750's for 2k or even less, I had a 907IE that I sold about 7 years ago, even that was kind of hard to sell, just need the right buyer..Sounds like you'd be good if you take 2k, I like Desmodog was saying belts fuids all add up real quick.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep.... Bought mine for 1600, will have close to another 2,400 into it with belts, valve adj., tires, brake lines, New body work, paint ect... probably. So, by the time it's all said and done I'll have about 4K in it.... and I'll have a bike that's worth maybe 3k. :D:D:D Now if I can just get 1K for that brand new A59 front tire and the Dellorto's I won't be using I'll break even..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Bought mine for 1600, will have close to another 2,400 into it with belts, valve adj., tires, brake lines, New body work, paint ect... probably.
I bought mine as a non-runner for $900 and put another $1500 into it with new tires, bunch of bearings, belts, carb rebuild kits, rebuilt the forks, replaced the upper triple clamp, and a bunch of other parts. Fortunately, I was able to do all the work myself. It could benefit from a paintjob, but I don't want to invest any more money into it for a while....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought mine as a non-runner for $900 and put another $1500 into it with new tires, bunch of bearings, belts, carb rebuild kits, rebuilt the forks, replaced the upper triple clamp, and a bunch of other parts. Fortunately, I was able to do all the work myself. It could benefit from a paintjob, but I don't want to invest any more money into it for a while....
Yours looks pretty good as it is... I like the paint scheme. If mine wouldn't have had the oil cooler shrouds frenched into the fairings I coulda saved the cost of the fairings.

I might have just repainted the fairing to match the tanks shade of yellow..... but it's going to go back to white like it's supposed to be now..... well close to it at least I'm going to use the Pearl white that is on the current line up of Ducati's with the original paint and decal scheme.

·
Flying Brit
1,809 Posts
I have the same white Limited 750 with low miles too, about 50 were imported in to the USA. It reminds me of my first Ducati that I bought in 1987.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts