Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a F-1 Montjuich on ebay . Great bike, very rare, #150 of 200
I'm abit of a duc collector myself. Always looking for the really rare authentic stuff.

I have a large number of Ducati books. Everything I've read and seen on this bike tell me that they came with no turn signals. This bike has turn signals. I wrote the seller and he said thats the way he got it.

I'm wondering why anyone would put turn signals on this bike? Would a dealership modify this bike so a customer could ride it on the street?

Maybe I'm being abit paranoid. Looking for anyones input that knows these bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
According to Ian Falloon the Montjuich had:

"hotter camshafts, Dell'Orto PHM40ND carbs, and a less restrictive Verlicchi 2-into-1 exhaust. Cantilever rear end (Verlicchi aluminium) and both wheels (16 inch) were lightweight Mavics, with magnesium huibs/spokes and Akront aluminium rims."
Rims were wider than standard F1s at 3.50 x 16 and 4.25 x 16.

22 litre aluminium fuel tank

4-piston Brembo "gold-line" calipers and fully floating discs all around.

Only side stand (no center).

Numbered plaque on petrol tank. (Only 200). (Get that number off the seller and write to Ducati - asking them for the engine / frame number see if they match.)

The picture he has of a Montjuich shows a yellow one and with indicators. (All his photos of the F1 back to '85 show indicators).

Hope this helps.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
A friend of mine has one, but he removed the turn signals. Also, his has 17" wheels now.

They are street legal.

Tom

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Just out of curiousity, how many owners and miles does the bike have ?

Ytak said:
There is a F-1 Montjuich on ebay . Great bike, very rare, #150 of 200
I'm abit of a duc collector myself. Always looking for the really rare authentic stuff.

I have a large number of Ducati books. Everything I've read and seen on this bike tell me that they came with no turn signals. This bike has turn signals. I wrote the seller and he said thats the way he got it.

I'm wondering why anyone would put turn signals on this bike? Would a dealership modify this bike so a customer could ride it on the street?

Maybe I'm being abit paranoid. Looking for anyones input that knows these bike.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We have one of those in our shop... One of the best looking ducatis ever!!!

Wiring is there but the bikes came with out turnsignals. The owner might installed the turnsignals, not a big deal...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a number of Falloons books also. The Standard Catalog says the bike did not have turn signals ....that why I questioned it.

Nice Avatar AMS!

What I would really like to get my hands on is a Ducati TT2.

AMS...what do you think this bike on ebay is worth? Any comments?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the less rare '87 F-1B grey market (speedo in Km). My bike had turn signals, but others don't. I also don't have fairing mounting mirrors and I have seen some with. Back then I think everything was different depending on how much wine the Italians had before lunch. I think in order to "pass" DOT rules back then some came "street" legal for the US. A lot of those F-1's probably were bound for Canada, but ended up in the US. That Montijuch is worth probably pretty much what ever it ends up selling for. Truly a "rare" Ducati, unlike the so-called other rare 916/996/999 for sale.

LUGNUT

'87 F-1B
'92 851
'95 916

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Hmmmmm. TT2.....criminal behavior might be considered in order to get one of these puppies even though I scarcely fit on one. Perfection pure and simple.

Ytak said:
What I would really like to get my hands on is a Ducati TT2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bevel......I'm right with you!

I bid 16K on the bike on ebay. I got home from work today and someone hit the "Buy it Now" for 20K.

Thanks for all the input guys.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Oh well, there is always next time. Then again, I cannot honestly recall when I last saw one...or a Laguna Seca etc. for sale.

Ytak said:

I bid 16K on the bike on ebay. I got home from work today and someone hit the "Buy it Now" for 20K.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Special edition F1's

Personally the Montjuich and Santamonica are much more appealing to me than the Laguna Seca. The LS and SM both had the 16" inch hoops, which makes finding and fitting tires a hassle. The LS lacked the floating brakes and so represents a step backward from the Montjuich. And the SM (and some european LS') had the fugly F1S convertible seat.

Unfortunately, most of these are now living room decorations, given the supremely low miles I have seen on recent examples.

·
Registered
100 Posts
saw montjuich new in showroom, '85-'86 and it *did* have turn signals. Ghost MC in Port Washington, NY to be exact.

IIRC, he had Santa Monica, Laguna and Montjuich all in a row.

i was kicking around getting the Montjuich, now i'm kicking myself for not, dumbass i am. :(

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I was kicking around getting the Montjuich, now i'm kicking myself for not, dumbass i am. :(
We've all been there pal. Early Ducati's just hurt more in retrospect.

"I bid 16K on the bike on ebay. I got home from work today and someone hit the "Buy it Now" for 20K."

recession? what recession.....

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, been reading the forum on the montjuich, and decided to join, and join in.I live in the UK, and bought from new, in the crate, montjuich no 032,1986, I have to admit to it being a living room decoration, but i'd rather see it every day , than some old painting. Anyhow, if anyone wants to know anything about it , I will be happy to oblige.It came with registration for road use, the dealer had difficulties with registration as it specified for racing purposes only, but he got it. There were holes and wiring for turn signals on the front fairing sides, and the seat hump. The dealer ordered as he said, original turn signals for the bike, and when they arrived, I thought they were pretty cheap plastic, and told him to keep em, turns out they were original, my loss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts