Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1979 Goldline F08 Brembo Caliper

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Frank Smegma 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a right hand side (D) 79 stamped Goldline a brembo F08. I notice it doesn't have a dust cap ridge.

Are these any different to normal F08's? I ask as I am looking or use it on a guzzi project, but if they are special to the Ducatis I would rather sell on to someone that is after one for a restoration (have some spare black callipers for the guzzi anyhow). I know how hard it can be to find some of this old stuff.

Any guidance appriciated

Wood Art Artifact Metal Font

See less See more
#3 ·
As per Eldert. Functionally, apart from the aluminium pistons and the absence of the dust cover, Goldlines are the same as the standard caliper. However, they are sought after by restorers; so if it doesn't matter to you which type you use, you'd be better off selling the Goldline to a restorer.

Not only used on Ducrappis, btw. Also Laverda RGS Corsa, for example.

Ciao

Craig

#4 ·
Goldlines are the same as the standard caliper.

Sorry to ruffle feathers in my first ever post on a forum but Goldlines, at least back in the day, were made of magnesium alloy as well as being fitted with the aluminium pistons as mentioned.
This made them almost half the weight of the standard black F 08s with steel pistons and double the price to buy.
They did have benefits in reducing un-sprung weight which improved suspension performance but for the road were an extravagance.
If you wish to confirm my statement, take a black and a gold apart, remove the pistons and weigh the two halves. The difference will be more than can be accounted for by the missing dust cover ridge on the Goldline. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.