Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
t is almost perfect. This is what Ducati should have done in 1975 to make an 860 “Sport”
This is what I’ve done (all low mileage since mods done). The bike has sat for about 5 years needing upper tower bearings and new wrist pins. I recently put her back together. I broke my back in a non motorcycle accident and it took a while to recover, but I will never be able to ride this bike again.
1) Hydraulic clutch w/ Surflex clutch,
2) Dual front disc., matching Brembo brake & clutch actuators.
3) Polished alum rims & SS spokes.
4) New tires.
5) Koksan coversion kit (using Monster ign coils and ign. Parts)
6) Cylinders Bored to 87mm w/Wiseco 9.5:1 forged pistons
7) Carbs bored to 36.5mm.
8) Larger charging system with modern regulator.
9) All handlebar switches are Yamaha 350 and are new.
10) Completely rewired system with modern fuse box.
11) Syd’s rear sets and Syds’ bum seat. Aero tank
12) Converted to RH shift, LH brake
13) stock Smiths gauges in “Sport” mounts
14) Works Performance suspension, front & rear.

I just put new upper tower bearings, wrist pins and new rings (bore & pistons are perfect. Checked the crank, it is within the closest stock spec. If you were rebuilding this crank it is what you would set it to. It currently has a small set of Norton handlebars but it also comes with a set of Syd’s Clip ons. Paint is good condition with a few minor chips in the rear fender and the seat.

The engine has only been started and carbs adjusted. Then head retorqued and oil changed.
I also pulled the pump to make sure it was in good working condition, and it is perfect.

Contact me with offers, I will take some current pictures in a few days. This one is not very clear and does not show all of the running gear mods. This seat is not available, it has a Syd's Bum seat on it, same color.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Akront rims, made in Spain.

You would be hard pressed to put this bike together like this for less than 18k+

Did you see things like the hydraulic clutch, which is hidden inside with line neatly running down by the frame. This is a two finger clutch pull. Everything on this bike is sorted. It could use some re-polish on the Aluminum and a few bolts need new cad but I have invested quite a bit of money into her and made sure I only put the best available parts. We won't even talk about the labor. Look how the mounts for the set backs are blended into the frame. Other things you can't see like the case saver, Pirelli tires. Check out the regulator mount...Too much to list. It is what it is and is a far cry from the GT it started out as.
It is also quite quick..

No junk on this bike :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts