Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of trading my ‘74 750 sport with period mods for a ‘98 916sps with 2400 miles and motor built by fbf. They claim it’s one of less than 50 that were sold in the states. I’m asking for opinions on this because I’m really torn. This is the bike. 1998 Ducati 916 SPS | eBay

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
if you believe that thing is actually worth 35k then it's worth half or less what the sport is? imo it'll be a long, long time before a very unoriginal sps is worth anything like a round case.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I have a 1998 916SPS. It's a great bike and it's one my favorites to own and ride. That said, that particular SPS wouldn't be the SPS that I would choose to add to a collection and I am even less inclined to give up a GT for it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, this is why I came here to ask. Looks like the sport stays.

·
Bon Vivant
11,439 Posts
A 74 sport is far more collectable than the sps ever will be. You'd be far better off selling the sport and buying the bike you want, I think you'd come out with quite a bit of cash in your pocket.

As for my own opinion; A roundcase sport is a dream bike for me, I couldn't care less about any 916 of any edition...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Keep the 750 Sport right where it is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts