Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have recently imported a MK3 350 from Spin to New Zealand and as part of road compliance over here to get on the road we have to fit indicators to bike regardless.
I have some old 6V ones off a Yamaha i could fit as temp to get through inspection but am looking at changing it to 12v as there seems to be a much better selection of low profile indicators and will hopefully be more reliable.
I have had a read through a few forums and found some info that it may be as easy as just replacing the rectifier with a 12v one off a 750 GT?
Any ideas or advice would be great/

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have recently imported a MK3 350 from Spin to New Zealand and as part of road compliance over here to get on the road we have to fit indicators to bike regardless.
I have some old 6V ones off a Yamaha i could fit as temp to get through inspection but am looking at changing it to 12v as there seems to be a much better selection of low profile indicators and will hopefully be more reliable.
I have had a read through a few forums and found some info that it may be as easy as just replacing the rectifier with a 12v one off a 750 GT?
Any ideas or advice would be great/

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I think that you may be right, although I believe that you will need a 12v battery too. The best course of action, which would save you money in the long run, would be to fit a 12v 120 watt alternator/ignition kit which will give you decent electrics and modern ignition. Have a look at Electrex World in the UK, but I believe there are other kits out there too.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
^^^^^this. 12v always. Digital ignition I’d soo good because it has a slow crank mode so the Kickstarter won’t bite you on the hoof. Yes, even a little 250 hurts when it kicks back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts