Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm brand new to the forum and already looking for help. I am restoring a '71 450 MkIII and need to find several of the decals on the side panels. I have the "Mk3" decals but the other two I cannot find. Can anyone help.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Do you have examples of the decals you need?

·
Registered
256 Posts
^^^ What he said. Here's a pic of my Road & race ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Wherever you get them, spend the money and buy die-cut mylar rather than the clear sheet you have to cut yourself.

In my experience with graphics, Domiracer sells the cheap stuff, Road and Race has the good stuff. As does Bevel Heaven, but I'm not sure if he's got all the decals for singles?

And don't take this as a jab at Domiracer, I order a lot of stuff from them. Just not decals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
450 decals

Hey everyone, thanks for the help. I think Road & Race in Australia is the answer. they have just what I need. Now can anyone help me with the color codes for the paint on the bike. I know some of them have chrome and red on the fuel tank but I have decided to go with a silver and red even though it might not be original.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey everyone, thanks for the help. I think Road & Race in Australia is the answer. they have just what I need. Now can anyone help me with the color codes for the paint on the bike. I know some of them have chrome and red on the fuel tank but I have decided to go with a silver and red even though it might not be original.
My tank had been completely stripped when I got the bike but I was able to match some paint against the inside of the toolboxes. The chorme was a bit ragged but I think some work with steel wool made it look better than silver paint. Maybe that's just me. Here's a comaprison.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts