Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and joined up to try and find some good info on my ride.

Anyone have an idea of production #'s for the R/T in 1971? Of the R/T & R/S models Wikipedia says less than 400. Is the R/T the rarer of the two?

I may have to sell in the next two years (not a thrilling prospect at all) so I'm also trying to get a good idea of the value.

Thanks for any and all help.

REN

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
The R/T you have is Desmo head, so it makes it more valuable. It also looks like the engine/frame components are pretty complete. Everything up is a bitsa with a lot of parts missing. I would have to guess from the posted pics, what you got is worth anywhere from $2500-3000. You may get more money by selling parts separately, since you are not in a hurry. My two cents. Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, Dan. I did have an offer of $3500 CAD and a rebuild on my Norton 850 Commando head. I was a little concerned about selling myself short but maybe that's just not the case.

Cheers!
REN

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yah, I'd say parting it out you'd make at LEAST $2500, being so clean you might get that for the head alone, I remember seeing a couple go on e-bay for $2200 last year or two. your's is very nice shape, I'd try to sell outright, I'd hate to see a nice duck get parted..

I'd see what the cost of doing your norton head alone would be..
...I had one of those last year, sold it with 4300 miles on her....it was a left over 74 tagged as a 75 because it still had a kicker....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to do my best to keep this bike from being broken down. It's basically all there and a fine runner.

I found a Norton head from a shop in Montreal that rebuilds them. I sent them photos of the one that grenaded on me but they said I would be sooner off buying one. It's in really bad shape and I would have to agree with them. They were asking a $1000 for a restored head (couple of years ago now).

Might I ask how much you asked for your Norton head?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts