Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, people hate these what's my bike worth questions, but I'm considering selling this to a good friend and I've been out of it so long I really don't have a clue. Would like to give him a "friend" price.

It's a 1970 Ducati Mk3 350 Desmo. I can't find any comps of Desmo singles, they're all springers. Maybe there's not much difference, but it seems to be quite a bit rarer. Condition is as pictured, so not stock, a little bit of a cafe theme I did 20 years ago. Dellorto SSI 29d, factory Veglia tach, custom Excel wheels.

Hasn't run in 10 years so will need fuel system cleaned, tires.. the usual.

Thanks! Bill

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle
Bill

·
Registered
637 Posts
This is a nice model Bill, one of the best. I can't see if you have the and carb. The value lies in this being bought back to original. All that is needed ( from what I see in the photo ) is correct paint, side boxes, seat and air filter. In Australia this bike would be worth $25-30K AUD if those things were attended to. Your market is different and I feel that Flynbulldog will be along soon to give a good assessment. Let me know if you put it up for general sale. Cheers
Ian

·
Bon Vivant
12,647 Posts
Ian is right this is a collectable bike - most Ducati singles aren't really that desirable so you do have a good one. From what I've seen there's really only about $2K difference between the desmos and the springers.

If you want to sell it as is, I'd guess about $6 or $7k. As a cafe/bobber the value is not really there.Too bad about the wheels, for most (as long as the engine is good) that's the biggest hurdle to restoring it. Do you have any of the original parts... seat, rims, tool boxes, tail light? You have a lot of the tough parts - fenders, headlight, tank and of course the engine. You can find tool boxes - the seat is gonna be tough if you don't have the original.

Brought back to stock most I've seen in the US are fetching around $15K or so but none of them have been really pristine. I would put a perfect original one at around $23k or so.

Friend price as is - $5000 USD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most appreciated Ian and flynbulldog! Exactly what I was looking for, and funny I was thinking the exact same friend price, so maybe I'm not so out of touch.

It's an odd bike, bought new by a gentleman and he immediately stripped it and had the frame painted this color, then he got sick and never rode it. It had been sitting for 20 years when I found it and brought it back to life. Wheels were rusted through on bottoms so I had these built up. No tools, side covers, or tail light unfortunately, but I do have the seat pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts