Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to share it with you, i am delighted to share with you my rebuild.

The main thread is this: 1098 track build
I made this one as the people will be much more attracted to the 191 hp number than th eother title :)).

The video is a bit in romanian, but mostly in english, so you'll get it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This weekend we have a Nationals round where i hope i can unleash the full potential of this beast.
The only thing that can stop us is the weather, which doesn't look so friendly so far, but hoping for the best.

For sure I will take some shootings on the track, and mostly, i will try as much as possible to end up behind some BMWs and Kawas and the entry on the straight line :D >:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This weekend didn;t went as planned.

We still have some issues with the gearbox, not being able to downshift when at high revv speeds, even though i always do rev matching while braking.

We'll open it again and check.

Still, there was a moment at some point, in the first lap, cold tyres.. i managed to save it, and made a small vid.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Pretty impressive power!
Straight line pulls away really hard.

How does the traction control handle it?
Still ok in the corners plus exits?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Jules,

Imagine i have NO traction control on this 191whp beast with tractor torque.
The bike was a 1098 base which i continuously updated, on suspensions, and many other mods to suit racing.

In this moment i do have an aftermarket traction control mounted but we didn't managed to make it work, yet.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Still struggling to make my IRC generation 2 traction control work.. :(
Best you concentrate on the Generation 1 R.I.S.T traction control unit then bro .... that electronic stuff is probably doing your head in.

The bike looks, sounds and seems to go awesome. Were the BMW and R1 riders equal to you in ability ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts