Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run a 190 rear tire on a HMs? My tire source for trackdays is saying that all 600, 750, and 1000's now run a 190 for trackdays and racing. Does the HM have 5.5" wide rear rim?

·
Registered
174 Posts
yes it has a 5.5" rear, just know that your speedo reading will be off.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You will also have to adjust your ride height in the rear.... the 190 will be a bit taller causing the rear of the bike to be higher.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm running a 190 tire, but on a 6 inch rim. Be warned some 190's are wider than others. This is a Bridgestone BT016, my track has a lot of long right handers. This allows the chain shave on rubber from the tire's edge.
Had the same problem with my KTM Supermoto bike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Depends on the tire, but in generic, the wider the tire is, the more you must lean over for the same corner speed. Just physics.

And ground clearance is a problem with the stock Hyper.

Just buy decent track tires, like Bridgestones BT003 or Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro.

Difference between sport street and race tires:

Stock Pirelli Diablo Corse III after one day Assen - NL:

Was my first track day on the Hyper, so not so fast at all.

Racing Supercorsa after 3 trackdays in Alès - France:

For the record, did 1:34 laps between supersports/-bikes :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got 100mph plus from a local revenue collector.I`m runing a dunlap 209 190.Do you know how much the speedo`s off. thanks luger.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
wjn, you may want to check your rebound in the rear. It looks like you are getting some abnormal rebound wear indicated by the balling up of rubber on the backside of the tread groove and the chamfering on the leading edge coupled with a clean portion before the chamfered portion.

I am ready to switch to the power ones for next season. I've used the DCIII's for the past couple of years and I think I am on the verge of outriding them on the track. One model of the power one claims that tire warmers aren't a necessity and they can be used on road and track. We will see.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thnx I will check that.

Actually I did nothing yet with the suspension settings, other than making front and rear going more or less in sync.

Spend the most of the time working on my seat position on this bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts