Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has tried this size on a gt. im installing some carrozzerias in a few days and thought i may top them off with a set of pilot powers....190 in the rear.

thoughts?

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i played around with a 190 on my race bike.
it does raise the rear a bit.

·
Registered
666 Posts
While you could install a 190 on a 5.5 inch rim, the narrower rim would change the 190 tire profile a bit. A 180 would be a better fit, unless you are going for that fat rear tire look. I'm running a 190 on my Hyper with a 6 inch rim and a 180 on my Paul Smart with Carrozzeria wheels. Michelin recommends a 180/55 for the GT.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the look is the idea, but i dont want to sacrifice too much performance.

Just too be sure, you did read my intention to mount it on the carrozzerias' "v-star"

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
it actually works pretty good at tracks with longer corners or sweepers,ie barber and nashville.
I can see it on a Smart/1000S but a GT seems to be a difficult choice for a track bike. I bet it'd be fun but would require so much to get it right. I guess if you're traveling the country track racing your GT, more power to ya!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can see it on a Smart/1000S but a GT seems to be a difficult choice for a track bike. I bet it'd be fun but would require so much to get it right. I guess if you're traveling the country track racing your GT, more power to ya!
naw, the gt is my cafe project...fun to tinker with a bike that does need a few things to make it perform better. it was my first duc and i want to make it mine. ill post some pics next week.

the hyper is the track bike, if i ever get there.

·
Registered
900 Posts
naw, the gt is my cafe project...fun to tinker with a bike that does need a few things to make it perform better. it was my first duc and i want to make it mine. ill post some pics next week.

the hyper is the track bike, if i ever get there.
GT's are a blast to play with. They are so straight forward and easy to work on. That's another reason why I love it. If you can make it more track worthy, then it's gonna be a great street bike to boot. Keep up the good work and HAVE FUN!!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
180 55 .... the bike turns slow enough,,, and if you cant break the rear tire loose ( not enough power with the GT) you might actually reduce the performance of the bike,,,,, :think:

09 Ducati GT 1000 Ohlins F&R Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

I cut my teeth on a home built 750 Honda Cafe Racer with an 820 kit back in the seventies....When I saw my first Ducati one day, I fell in love….it was a 900 SS bevel… thirty years later, I have two Ducatis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts