Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I ripped the fender off and installed the integrated taillight from Italo Shop (which is very cool btw), and now I want to figure out the best way to mount my plate. I don't care about lights, legibility, legality, vertical vs horizontal, etc. I just want to be able to point and say hey I have a plate.

I saw someone online do the vertical set up between the two stock cans but it is unclear how he mounted that up. I have also seen someone mount it on the y pipe of the stock exhaust, but my gut said zip ties but afraid they would melt.

I am going to be stock cans for a bit and then go SC scr-1 for what it is worth.

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Based off feedback from another 950 owner, I ordered a 899 Panigale plate bracket from New Rage Cycles. I guess it lines up with some bolts up near the Y of the pipe and tucks the plate. I can't confirm though as I am still waiting on the bracket (and bike lol).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based off feedback from another 950 owner, I ordered a 899 Panigale plate bracket from New Rage Cycles. I guess it lines up with some bolts up near the Y of the pipe and tucks the plate. I can't confirm though as I am still waiting on the bracket (and bike lol).
Interesting, I'll check out my bike today and let you know. May just order if that's the case. Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
I thought this was really cool and if I had the 950 it would probably be the one I got. You can rotate it and it will also act as a guard for chain live so it doesnt fling all over the place. Plus it has a light on it to keep everything legal at night

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, is that 950 or 939? Also I can't really tell how that mounts currently. It looks like there is some bracket but how does that work?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking good! Is that where the y pipe mounted before?

Also, does the Termi come with those black subframe looking circle covers? mine is just an open screw ha

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, if you have the OEM exhaust, , there is a bracket there that use those screws. I bought longer screws and the black spacers to work with the bracket.
I'm not sure what you mean by subframe circle cover.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, if you have the OEM exhaust, , there is a bracket there that use those screws. I bought longer screws and the black spacers to work with the bracket.
I'm not sure what you mean by subframe circle cover.

I was curious where these covers came from? I am guessing the termi system

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did talk with the guy that made that part for the oem exhaust. It's pretty easy to make. L bracket which he gave me the link for and to me, it looks like he used the OEM plate and ground off the reflector parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts